• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Clear Photochromic (black iridium) vs Prizm Low Light Lens

erap

I should Work at Oakley
Clear Photochromic (black iridium) 23% transmission
Prizm Low light-75% transmission (base color is rose)

anyone tried both since the prizm low light appears a bit darker than the clear photochromic lens but has lesser light transmission?\

which one is better for indoor use?

first picture below is prism low light followed by clear photochromic

oakley-flight-jacket-prizm-07111.2e16d0ba.fill-1920x1200.jpg
oakley-sunglasses-evzero-path-polished-black-clear-black-iridium-photochromic-oo-9308-13.jpg

What do you plan on using them for?

My opinion might be biased,

Prizm low light looks nice but doesn’t function nearly as well as you would expect when you compare to Prizm sun lens, I like to use it indoor and at night just to add a little color contrast but in my opinion it’s an “enhanced clear” lens. It’s really a nice lens to look through if you just want light protection

photo is a good lens to have especially in EV Zero, you can use those almost any time, no light, sun, clouds they just work. But there’s no pop of colors.

Hopefully this helps you out with you decision

What do you plan on using them for?

My opinion might be biased,

Prizm low light looks nice but doesn’t function nearly as well as you would expect when you compare to Prizm sun lens, I like to use it indoor and at night just to add a little color contrast but in my opinion it’s an “enhanced clear” lens. It’s really a nice lens to look through if you just want light protection

photo is a good lens to have especially in EV Zero, you can use those almost any time, no light, sun, clouds they just work. But there’s no pop of colors.

Hopefully this helps you out with you decision

Planning to use indoors going to the grocery and in front of the computer. I reckon the photochromic lens offers some protection against blue light whilst the prism low light doesnt?

However I"ve read that the photochromic lens expires at some point? Might have to wash the lens every time I go out of the house to buy grocery given the current situation.

Which lens is not prone to "peeling" as what happens to some other lenses?

I would say Prizm Low for use on a screen.

They are all prone to peeling unless you keep them clean the whole time.

I use various low light lenses as I am someone who jst cant stand modern LEDs - the blue light things! And in the UK we get plenty of low light days too!

Persimmon is another good alternative for use on a screen.

Prizm Lowlight definitely protects against blue light.

I have just got the photochromic flak 2.0 glasses and cant complain except that they do not darken behind my truck windshield . Other than that l like them . I wear them for work in inside and out all day long . How long before they do not work of peal , should I say clean every day with Oakley cleaner ?

I have just got the photochromic flak 2.0 glasses and cant complain except that they do not darken behind my truck windshield . Other than that l like them . I wear them for work in inside and out all day long . How long before they do not work of peal , should I say clean every day with Oakley cleaner ?
I was wondering that, the level they will hold up as work glasses daily for people who go in and out

I think I'm gonna put some of the reader hydrotac on them so I can ditch the reader glasses i have to carry what do you think not suppose to hurt lens ?

Back