• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cleared Customs But Have Not Recoeved It. Singaporeans! NEED HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jotheman

Oakley Beginner
So I am expecting something from someone here in the forum and I checked the tracking number and it says that it cleared customs on Saturday. But I have not recieved it up till now? And I am getting worried!

Can any Singaporeans shed some light no this? I am pretty sure it has cleared customs. All of singpost numbers are closed for the night an was too busy to call them earlier today! Help is very much appreciated! THANKS! :)

Forget what you can see online. Sometimes it's correct, sometimes not.
I've received a package some days ago and the online tracking still says "airport customs".

Give it time. Singpost likes to drag its feet. call them and f*** them. Make the operator promise that your parcel will be delivered within the next 2-3 days.

However, your parcel may be held back by ICA if it's declared by the seller to be over 400sgd. Need to go down to paya Lebar singpost to pay the tax first and collect it straight from them

Give it time. Singpost likes to drag its feet. call them and f*** them. Make the operator promise that your parcel will be delivered within the next 2-3 days.

However, your parcel may be held back by ICA if it's declared by the seller to be over 400sgd. Need to go down to paya Lebar singpost to pay the tax first and collect it straight from them

Well that escalated quickly...

Trust me yeti. Our postal service isn't fantastic to say the least. Parcels can be left in custom for days. You need to call and push them otherwise they will just take their time. Express shipping from USPS took two weeks to reach me simply because it was stuck in my local customs for days.

So I am expecting something from someone here in the forum and I checked the tracking number and it says that it cleared customs on Saturday. But I have not recieved it up till now? And I am getting worried!

Can any Singaporeans shed some light no this? I am pretty sure it has cleared customs. All of singpost numbers are closed for the night an was too busy to call them earlier today! Help is very much appreciated! THANKS! :)

depends on a couple of things. is it via registered, priority or express service? if it's via registered mail (Singpost), even after clearing customs, and reaching the delivery base, it can take a couple of days before your postman delivers it along with your regular mail.

if it's via priority/express mail (Speedpost), it would be a dedicated courier service, which could deliver anytime of the day, even on a Saturday before 1pm local. the difference would be, that for express services, the item would be delivered the next working day, after arriving in the country, 99% of the time. for priority services, the transit time from arriving in the country, to delivery, can take a couple of days.

like what Kenneth have mentioned, if the declared value is above 400SGD, then most likely the item have been held by Customs, til you pay the necessary taxes.

lastly, have you used your tracking number and tracked the status thru the local websites? try these 2 links: Speedpost or SingPost - Home. which website would be depends on whether it's a registered or priority/express shipping service.

if you need more clarification on this, just drop me a line via email and i'll see if i can help you out. i have had more than my fair share of items being shipped to me, from all over the world, via numerous shipping methods, so i have a pretty good gauge on local postal efficiency. =)

ha the only time i have ever picked up the phone to speak to someone from the local postal service abt an item, was when i was awaiting the arrival of the Murasaki Brooks. they arrived on a Thursday night, so i was expecting them delivered on Friday. and true enough, Friday morning they were out for delivery. but i waited til 5pm local, and still nothing. i checked the tracking again, and it was updated to state that the delivery couldn't be completed coz the delivery courier had to many runs to make, and not enough time. so i called to ask customer service fellas, what's gonna happen to my unlucky Brooks. but they were pretty nice abt it, and scheduled it to be the 1st delivery the following morning on a Saturday. so not much complaints on my side. =)

I don't think the seller declared over 400. And I think singpost is just being a little bitch and taking their on sweet Time. I will give them tomorrow since it will be the 3rd day after clearing customs. Thanks for the replies guys. Both Singaporeans and overseas people.

@jono I might drop you an email or something if I still don't get it tomorrow!

CHEERS GUYS!!

@jono: exact same thing happened to me! Item status was updated to 'delivery could not be completed".. And I was home the entire day, awaiting the parcel at my living room.. Imagine how pissed I was! Ended up making a trip down to singpost. Pissed? You bet. Let's hope they don't screw up my next few parcels..

@jotheman: good luck man! Hopefully yours arrive by the end of the week! Hate this waiting game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back