• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Clone Wars

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Cool to have the LE pair that you've always wanted... then worrying about wearing them becomes larger than wearing or enjoying them... or ... you like the colorway but find the cost of membership challenging... then maybe a clone is in order.

A pretty easy clone for starters is the Corvette... well one of them is a clone... I think... :

20151214_192837.jpg

XMan refinish with BT chops from Infinite Hero on top, original x serial ruby beneath:
20151214_224732.jpg

Polished Carbon Ichiros are pretty steep... but you can get close with an XMAN gloss black (thanks @MJLSr) and slate lenses:
20151214_224356.jpg

The xMetal Ducati can be improved on a little too... in the old days (pre Xman) you had to pounce on a pair of hammerstems when they became available:
20151214_223847.jpg

Finitos are in short supply but VR 50's aren't... still a subtle colorway without the etching:
20151214_195255.jpg

Juliet Ti02's are a classy colorway... but its said "everything can and will be made better"... to wit an Xman hammerstem pair with tungsten lenses, also a pair of early Xman Ti02's with Transitions lenses and an original one tending the herd:
20151214_225851.jpg

Not a metal but... the JPM Splice is a sharp pair with the chrome frame and etched lenses. You can almost get there for less and can rock this great frame with less worry. The FMJ+/Crystal Black/ Ice doesn't quite shine the same as the chrome, I digress:
20151215_000044.jpg

I kinda think that they should have gone with blue rubbers like the slate edition, on the polished/ blue pair. Linegear blue here not only to contrast with the other blue Ichiros but that blue looks amazing with a last gen, glossy, smooth polished frame. Also shown with what might as well be an Ichiro clone in its own right, if not for a different serial and no etching- the JB:

20151214_235253(0).jpg

Lastly... Clone?
20151215_000835.jpg

Last edited:
I was just thinking this morning how I would like to make a clone Juliet Infinite Hero. I have a nice plasma frame, what else would I need to complete the clone?

I was just thinking this morning how I would like to make a clone Juliet Infinite Hero. I have a nice plasma frame, what else would I need to complete the clone?
You would need violet lenses and a purple rubber kit ( arms + nose bombs )