• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold **CLOSED** Oakley Romeo 1

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have PM'ed for the Ti

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Hello,

Looking to sell my Romeo 1. Super clean pair of glasses. They're x-metal with what I believe to be the original lenses. You can see the "x-metal" etching on the left lens. No "spider cracks" in the lenses. They're very clear and there are very few hairline cleaning nicks. I've taken the best pics I can but I can happily take more if needed. Rubbers are all in great condition. The frame is awesome also. I can take as many pictures as you'd like so you can buy confidently. I recently took them apart and cleaned/sanitized everything so they're ready for their new owner. What's going rate on these things these days? No box or coin, just the glasses. $775 shipped CONUS with all fees included?

I would have the arms refinished and then look for a XM to Polish if it were me. Gen 1 Titanium quite rare now. Especially with mint lenses

Just as an update, I realize I referred to them as a "beater" pair but they're in no way beat up. Lenses are almost pristine and OEM as far as I can tell. X-Metal etching on left side, no cracks. Only thing missing are the top of the orbital gaskets, the bottom ones are there. Rubbers also appear to be oem and are not sticky. Just finished cleaning them and they're a really nice pair of titanium/gold iridium with the brown rubber. I believe they're a first gen pair.

Username Hidden said:
Hello,

Looking to sell my Romeo 1. Super clean pair of glasses. They're x-metal with what I believe to be the original lenses. You can see the "x-metal" etching on the left lens. No "spider cracks" in the lenses. They're very clear and there are very few hairline cleaning nicks. I've taken the best pics I can but I can happily take more if needed. Rubbers are all in great condition. The frame is awesome also. I can take as many pictures as you'd like so you can buy confidently. I recently took them apart and cleaned/sanitized everything so they're ready for their new owner. What's going rate on these things these days? No box or coin, just the glasses. $775 shipped CONUS with all fees included?

great price for an awesome seller!

Username Hidden said:
Thanks bro, Must find a beater since it is to be polished.
I missed the other one here, was one before me..
There's nothing more irritating than to try to polish a titanium finished r1. I've done a few but if you're doing one than stick to xm or beater plasma. They also won't anodize either. That titanium one here looks to be pretty dammed nice though. I wouldn't say beater for that one @hearno. Both frames look near minty fresh.

Username Hidden said:
There's nothing more irritating than to try to polish a titanium finished r1. I've done a few but if you're doing one than stick to xm or beater plasma. They also won't anodize either. That titanium one here looks to be pretty dammed nice though. I wouldn't say beater for that one @hearno. Both frames look near minty fresh.

Thanks for the kinds words. I thought about it and you're absolutely correct. They're both in really good condition and as a result, I will not be selling either pair. I always regret selling my more rare pieces and I don't need to sell them. Sorry for the tease, y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back