• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Closest To Original Ruby Iridium From Linegear?

Razerwire

And then there was X...
Falls Church, VA
For Linegear, what's the closest to OEM original Ruby Iridium? It is Tanzanite, Red Mirror or Premium Red?

The OEM Ruby Iridiums I have in my XS are so orange they might as well be Fire Iridiums. It's driving me nuts. It really irks me that the recent Ruby looks practically like Fire.

I know Red Mirror are like the Dark ruby, Tanzanite is like Positive Red but not sure with Premium red... But if you want Red Red, buy Red Mirror!

I'm also thinking of swapping out my fruby OEM for some real red lenses. What's the difference between the different red options at Linegear? Which one will look red from all angles?

DO NOT GET lenses from Linegear. Gosh, I have to do a thread explaining optics. Too many people are wasting their money. GET custom cut OEM lenses only. You want the good rubies, then get the Pos Red custom cut.
Go to Dr. Chop, Xmetamaniac, or Me for the custom
Here is what your eye will see magnified Oakley compared to LineGear. They suck, and are horrible for your eyes. 8 dollar lens you are paying 60 for. Rip.

s73w.jpg

rwrf.jpg

in all honesty people buy the cheap 5-10 dollar glasses from walmart or the kiosks at the mall all the time, garunteed those optics are worse than the example that you have provided of linegear, so it really just boils down to personal pref on weather you want horrible optics VL $25, medium optics linegear $60 , or oakley optics plus custom cut $90+, no shame in self promotion though i have seen your work and they look awsome!

Back