• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Closest To Original Ruby Iridium From Linegear?

Let's cut the BS about "original ruby", "1st gen, 2nd gen, etc"...There is NO SUCH THING.

Just to reinforce your point, I saw a dude wearing an X-squared with Ruby in the "what are you wearing today" thread the other day, and his lenses are as strong a red Ruby as I've seen in any Oakley.

I would love to find out if there's a large distributor for Oakley lenses somewhere close to me and if they would let me spend an hour rummaging through their stock of Ruby lenses to come up with something similar.

Hey Chop, Copy and paste that in Jason Hensleys threads. we have told him and told him again and again, about rubies. There are several threads all concerning Ruby, the big one is in the exchange (Xmetal)

Mez, that is the best possible answer to the Ruby question. You could not have said that better. I will say I have stopped selling Rubies on Ebay, for this specific reason. They get returned 50% of the time, with the explanation of " they are not as red or purple as I though". Ends up costing me

Wow. I had no idea the firestorm I would cause by resurrecting a 7-month old thread. My bad... but I still want to thank everyone though for contributing to the discussion. I've learned something about the differences between OEM and aftermarket brands and the incredibly complex subject of lens colors (especially red). I guess I'll stick with Oakley lenses and go for a custom cut. Do any of the major custom cut guys ship to Canada? I can't help but feel a bit disadvantaged in the availability of custom services and frame tunes up here. You guys don't have to worry about shipping stuff cross-border when you need work done.

I have purchased both the Premium Red and Red Mirror Polarized from Linegear.

Premium Red (a pretty purple in the middle with a solid red going to the lateral sides of the lens)
Red Mirror Polarized (dark grey/black/hint of purple with solid red going to the lateral sides)

Only gripe is that the Red Mirror lens allows your eyes to be seen in low light conditions, as Linegear admits.

Latest Posts

Back