• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Coin Polishing

SecretNinja

I am Jim Janard's Cousin's Brother In Law
Krypton
Just wondering what is the best way, and, or chemical to use to polish an X Metal coin to a beautiful shine without damaging it.

Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish is the product. In the display case discussion I did a review of it compared to some other products once upon a time. If you're interested you can probably find it by searching "polish review" posted by me in that forum, but basically Mother's really put a shiny polish on things, even if that wasn't the original finish.

"Elbow grease" - you'd asked "the best way"... Using Mothers you just need a clean cloth and do it by hand i.e. elbow grease; no need for a dremel or other fancy tool...

Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish is the product. In the display case discussion I did a review of it compared to some other products once upon a time. If you're interested you can probably find it by searching "polish review" posted by me in that forum, but basically Mother's really put a shiny polish on things, even if that wasn't the original finish.

"Elbow grease" - you'd asked "the best way"... Using Mothers you just need a clean cloth and do it by hand i.e. elbow grease; no need for a dremel or other fancy tool...
Haha. ...... "Do it by hand". :rofl:

Back