• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Collecting style/method?

Oaks 'Between The Hedges'

The OF Boogeyman 👹
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Just curious as to everyone's mindset and approach to their collecting.

Do you tend to collect more inclusively to a particular frame, ie. acquire each colorway of say the minute gen 1, then move on to acquire each colorway of the minute gen 2, and then....you get the idea. Or do you just acquire a valve 1.0 for collections sake then acquire the colorways of the new valve that you like because you prefer the newer model?

Are you a headhunter or do you just like what you like? Meaning, do you tend to go after the limited editions, the more rare pieces, and/or the higher end stuff...or do you grab a run of the mill mass produced Holbrook because you know you'll wear it and its versatile in its uses?

Maybe, you're just a wire collector and you don't even care about omatter and xmetals?

Or, you collect solely active and sport models because you live an active outdoors lifestyle? Do you even wear what you collect?

I'm genuinely curious as to the methodologies and the mindsets....

Since deciding not to sell my juliet 2yrs ago ive picked up quite a few more Juliets. Collected one or more of each x-metal with only 2 to get.... and quite a few xxtwentys/minutes. Anything that catches the eye really. Have a small list of x-metals id like to finish though.

It's all very intriguing to me. Like the xmetal thing....I've never really felt the NEED to have one of each model in my collection but it does seem kinda obvious that that would be a prevailing philosophy.

I guess some people would place more significance on acquiring a penny so they'll have one in their collection vs acquiring another XX that they could wear.

It's all very intriguing to me. Like the xmetal thing....I've never really felt the NEED to have one of each model in my collection but it does seem kinda obvious that that would be a prevailing philosophy.

I guess some people would place more significance on acquiring a penny so they'll have one in their collection vs acquiring another XX that they could wear.
I think im sorting wanting at least one of each so i can see if i like it ( being late to the party you cant go in a shop and browse x-metals anymore) when ive one of each then i could then well decide to sell one model to get another i prefer more. Im not a set collector by any means. When i started collecting (and not admitting it) i wasnt bothered about boxes At all. Now id prefer to get complete where possible.

I think im sorting wanting at least one of each so i can see if i like it ( being late to the party you cant go in a shop and browse x-metals anymore) when ive one of each then i could then well decide to sell one model to get another i prefer more. Im not a set collector by any means. When i started collecting (and not admitting it) i wasnt bothered about boxes At all. Now id prefer to get complete where possible.
That's another intriguing aspect...boxes. Some are adamant about matching boxes, some prefer a box in general, then some don't care about a box at all.

You've went from no box to gotta have a box. That's interesting.

Latest Posts

Back