• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Collection Now Stands At 800 Pairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
RVF...
Im not calling you out, but frankly as many have said here before if there is no pic it don't exist... Like you mentioned about the O Review "it means Zip" to many.

I assure you I'm not trying to cause you grief with this, because I know you are knowledgeable and have provided many of us with some valuable information over time. I am just curious to see such an impressive collection because I know how hard I have worked at mine and can appreciate the effort and time spent amassing such a collection. I tried to count mine the other night after reading your post and I am over 700, but I have doubles and triples of favorite styles and even more than triple in some X Metals so do those count? I have not posted all of my collection on here or the O Review but I have shown quite a bit of my collection on both, but one day I might pull everything out and take a full collection pic... So just give us a glimpse of your Glory, have a friend or co worker snap a shot for you with a camera phone even and make us all drool...

After all its why we are here right?

Oh and if I worked at Oakley or was friends with Jim id have a 10,000 pair collection so forgive me if I discount somewhat a collector that gets all his loot for free....Still impressive as size goes "yes", but not very impressive as far as earning the title of top collector. Would you be impressed if the Dodgers were given the title every year because they knew the top exec's in MLB?

I swear I'm not being a HATER about that either, I'm just saying...lol

I'm gonna send him a digital camera as soon as I can so the world can finally see the legendary collection

"Oh and if I worked at Oakley or was friends with Jim id have a 10,000 pair collection so forgive me if I discount somewhat a collector that gets all his loot for free....Still impressive as size goes "yes", but not very impressive as far as earning the title of top collector."

Yo FG, what is this about? I'm curious? If it is mentioned in some previous posts, sorry, I didn't read all 6 pages.

RVF...
Im not calling you out, but frankly as many have said here before if there is no pic it don't exist... Like you mentioned about the O Review "it means Zip" to many.

I assure you I'm not trying to cause you grief with this, because I know you are knowledgeable and have provided many of us with some valuable information over time. I am just curious to see such an impressive collection because I know how hard I have worked at mine and can appreciate the effort and time spent amassing such a collection. I tried to count mine the other night after reading your post and I am over 700, but I have doubles and triples of favorite styles and even more than triple in some X Metals so do those count? I have not posted all of my collection on here or the O Review but I have shown quite a bit of my collection on both, but one day I might pull everything out and take a full collection pic... So just give us a glimpse of your Glory, have a friend or co worker snap a shot for you with a camera phone even and make us all drool...

After all its why we are here right?

Oh and if I worked at Oakley or was friends with Jim id have a 10,000 pair collection so forgive me if I discount somewhat a collector that gets all his loot for free....Still impressive as size goes "yes", but not very impressive as far as earning the title of top collector. Would you be impressed if the Dodgers were given the title every year because they knew the top exec's in MLB?

I swear I'm not being a HATER about that either, I'm just saying...lol

Regarding the idea that if there is no pic then it doesn't exist I can confirm there are no pictures, anywhere, of my collection, save for my insurance company who took there own images. In this respect you are free to believe the collection does not exist in the context in which I have explained it does, ie, to date 826 pairs, plus a considerable array of other items. Personally I could not care any less whether people believe me or not, if people think I am an honest person, that is fine, if they think I make incorrect claims then that is fine too.
With regard to your duplicate pairs..do they count in your collection total? that is your choice and decision to make, it is after all, your collection, so I don't hold an opinion as to whether you should include them or not. In regard to me being not very impressive as title holder to being top collector, I respect that opinion, but for me I am not making any claim to being the top collector, it would probably be hard to confirm for sure who has the very best collection. I would suggest, one person has the best x metal collection, another the best watch collection, another the best footwear, best frogskin, best elite etc, but best overall collection? who knows?
I don't follow MLB, so if the Dodgers won every year or not, regardless of why, I wouldn't care at all.
The statement "Oh if I worked at Oakley or was friends with Jim I'd have a 10,000 pair collection so forgive me if I discount somewhat a collector that gets all his loot for free..." I do not understand, but sounds somewhat disparaging, and although you are free to say it, it's not something that is of concern to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back