• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Collectors Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Elite Collection...
aoakleyelitecollection4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
dude i can only hope i get to this point in my life. to bad they are discontinued the carbon fiber version

discontinued, they are filling the last orders and not producing any more

From my understanding (book smarts / dictionary definition and all), Limited Edition means that there was a manufacturers run of a specific number (in this case 150) and once the last is made (not sold) they are not producing any more.

Once the last one is sold they are not discontinued (they already have been / see previous sentence) they are Sold Out... Don't mean to split hairs, but that's the way it is...

FearGear totally agreed but... i saw the direct email from oakley saying they are discontinued. but ur totally right. im just not totally sure they sold all 150, you could be right but from oakleys view they are calling it a discontinue.

not that I wanna start i total crazy thing here, just saying what ive seen!

I have a pair of the internationally exclusive Oakley Monster Dog Tribal Print With Slate Iridium Lenses. They are extremely rare and whenever I walk into an oakly store with them on they flip out over them. Im still trying to find out how much they are worth but no one will tell me.

Jcball54 said:
I have a pair of the internationally exclusive Oakley Monster Dog Tribal Print With Slate Iridium Lenses. They are extremely rare and whenever I walk into an oakly store with them on they flip out over them. Im still trying to find out how much they are worth but no one will tell me.

As I stated in an earlier post about a similar topic, they are worth what you can get out of them. There is no "hard cap" on what a rare piece is worth. You can always look in some areas such as ebay and see what they have SOLD for, not what's being ASKED. However, the only hard standard when trying to determine value is what the retail value is and that is typically much less than what some will take for a rare piece.

For example, I have the entire set of artist series glasses including both Flores Gascans and 2 Whoisthiskid? Hijinx. The Flores can bring between 400-800 on ebay, but I wouldn't let them go for that...or at all because it would break up my complete set. The Whoisthiskid? Hijinx fetch between 400-600 on ebay, but they are priceless in my eyes because I wouldn't sell them barring an astronomical amount of money. Essentially, "collectors" are looking to get the pieces, not get the most out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back