• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Collectors Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at O HQ last month and i stood there an hour contimplating over purchasing the aluminum c six on display. My brother somehow talked me out of it and i checked the website and they are sold out now too. they werent sold out last month..

So ALL Csix's are GONE.

BAPD77 said:
For example, I have the entire set of artist series glasses including both Flores Gascans and 2 Whoisthiskid? Hijinx. The Flores can bring between 400-800 on ebay, but I wouldn't let them go for that...or at all because it would break up my complete set. The Whoisthiskid? Hijinx fetch between 400-600 on ebay, but they are priceless in my eyes because I wouldn't sell them barring an astronomical amount of money. Essentially, "collectors" are looking to get the pieces, not get the most out of them.

I AGREE 100%.... But in the rare realm of my selling items I have either upgraded or acquired multiples of and didn't find anything to trade for, it is NICE to get the most out of them... But typically I don't throw prices at people, I let them make offers or put it on bids on "the bay". I don't like the non-collectors/re-sellers attitude of let me buy as many as I can for profit. When I purchase its for me and my collection two pairs at the most but usually just one. If I do buy two, its one pair for wearing and the other for the collection. And most often if I never wear it I trade it away for something else. Its not about the cash, its about the "O"-bsession...

FearGear couldnt have said it better. people jack up the prices on stuff making it hard for the new guys (me) to get some of the more rare stuff thats out there. somethings are worth the price but most of the time you see them a little more then what i think is far priced. hey hopefully i can get some of the rare stuff soon and like most guys will say you gotta take your time and wait for the right thing at the right price and then jump on it

Yeah, I agree also to some extent. I only have doubles of a few pairs. They are the Troy Lee Fuel Cell, Whoisthiskid? Hijinx and Tron Gascan. The Troy Lee and Whoisthiskid? are solely to have one to wear and one to display. I have two of the Tron Gascan to have one as sunglasses and the other is kept as a 3D pair.

Overall, I guess my time at the O-Review has got me feeling that way. I just don't see the need to jack the price up when selling a rare piece if you can get what you paid for it and another collector can enjoy it after I do. I just feel we need to help others out throughout the collecting process :D!

Unless you know someone personally, you wont know if they are a re-seller who is going to make money off your kindness. I traded two cases to a guy last week for some glasses, three days later they were up for sale and he sold both for over $2000... I could have done that and paid him $1000 for the glasses and pocketed the G-note.... Lessons learned...

Unless you know someone personally, you wont know if they are a re-seller who is going to make money off your kindness. I traded two cases to a guy last week for some glasses, three days later they were up for sale and he sold both for over $2000... I could have done that and paid him $1000 for the glasses and pocketed the G-note.... Lessons learned...

That sucks! :angry: I hope you run into him down the road...:big_boss:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back