• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Collectors Regret

I think about it whenever I look at my Xmetal shelf lol, then I remember that almost all of the ones I have I will make money on or break even.

You guys do make some good points. Kinda funny that everyone regrets not starting earlier lol

I don't really think there's much to regret. It's not like the money spent is just gone. As others have said, you can always get at least most of it back if you decide you want to cash out. You can use that money later on for what ever your interest is at that time. It's kind of like a savings account and in some cases an investment.

I regret not getting in sooner so I could have gotten R1s at retail.
I share this regret, but with Juliets. I could have had some, the 24ks in particular, for much less than I had to pay now. The particularly galling thing is it's not an entirety empty regret, I had meant to get some but I somehow didn't get round to it and I guess my current Oakleys were doing the job...

I have managed to find 3 pairs at retail since I started but they were few and far between...

Have to say that my collection is miniscule compared to my peers on this site. However, I do not regret the spending so far.

I do regret not linking Oakley/X-Metals/X Men and Mission Impossible sooner. I was a little late in realising that these existed. Partly because my funds would not have supported such expenditure at the time so I never looked at the more expensive sunglasses ranges.

On a slight consolation note I did managed to pick up a new pair of Juliet's and two new XSs before they disappeared from retail.

I've paid about half retail for all my X-metals so it has probably been a great investment :cool: my O-matter not so much.. They have also taken a bit more abuse and wouldn't be as restorable as the X-metals

The only piece I ever really felt regret for was the plasma XX. I bought it because I found it for a good price and I had been lusting after one for a pretty long time. Once I got it though it just didn't do it for me. I'm highly biased towards the TiO2 XX and as the days went by I just didn't think the plasma was worth it for me, so I passed it on to another collector who was thrilled with it. Besides that, no regrets.

Back