• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Comfort advice

Deckdude

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys, I'm looking at getting a pair of xmetal for daily use. I'm currently interested in badman & half x. Does anyone here have any advice on what is more comfortable? I have tried on badman but I haven't tried half x on, I personally like the design of half x better.

This is my opinion on sizes from smallest to largest based on what I have tried on or owned:

Penny
Half X
Juliet
R2
R1

I've never owned or tried on Mars, X-squared or xx. The majority except for the hinge type can be customized or tailored to your head.

As stated above the "new" X metals are not really X metals. They are known to break and made out of lower quality material compared to the originals. If your dead set on the Badman or half X... I would would go with the half X. I believe they will last longer.

But if you want a pair to last, you should invest in the original X metals. You can find a affordable pair you can customize, and great members that can cut lens for you.

Last edited:
:welcome: Unfortunately, you have been drawn to some of the least popular and functional of all the x-metal lines. As stated Badmans are not really X-metals, that title was used as marketing ploy that failed miserably. I own a couple Badmans and I find them very comfortable, but they do have a tendency to fail at the hinges. Similarly, Half-Xs have hinge issues, but they are at least made from the true X-metal material. They are the red-headed stepchild of the X-metal line, but they are fairly comfortable. It is all a matter of preference, but I find Juliets with size 15 temple shox to be the most comfortable. XS aren't bad, but the shorter arms put pressure on my head behind my ears. It is hard to try them on first, so just go buy a bunch and figure out what works best for you;)!

For what it's worth, the Juliet has been my go to shade for years for both personal and professional use. Super comfortable, stays in place, doesn't pinch the bridge of your nose...... If you want comfort and practicality then go Juliet all the way.

just get you a hammer stem Juliet bro. I am sure you will be very please. don't mind the crap x they wont last.

Back