• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Coming Clean

Status
Not open for further replies.
clearly, you weren't here yet when this happened: http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-x-metal-exchange/6026-looking-x-metal-romeo.html

a couple of us called him out and a mod even warned him and yet he still continued to make another account claiming to be a different person.

Fail to see malicious. I do see more positive contributions though. Not that I have multiple accounts, but I run numerous vbulletin and invision boards, sock puppet accounts are easy to spot from noobies. Its also part of the defacto boilerplate "rules" that ban multiple accounts. I agree users attempting to evade bans, or create accounts for exploitation (like bidding wars or fake feedback) should be banned. Just not seeing this here.

i thought the boss could knw from the ip address when someone signed up. unless sunph used a different one, which there are plenty ways to bypass it.

but i guess if no harm was done all cool. still violating the forum rules. hopefully this can be resolved without banning anyone. good luck sunpoh

Actually, he can see PC name, IP, email and a few others tell tale signs. Maybe even browser version

Fail to see malicious. I do see more positive contributions though. Not that I have multiple accounts, but I run numerous vbulletin and invision boards, sock puppet accounts are easy to spot from noobies. Its also part of the defacto boilerplate "rules" that ban multiple accounts. I agree users attempting to evade bans, or create accounts for exploitation (like bidding wars or fake feedback) should be banned. Just not seeing this here.

i'll just end my last post in this thread with this: just trying to look out for other members here as i've been here for quite sometime now and don't want this forum to go downhill.

if the mods/admin found nothing wrong with what he did, then more power to him as he's still a member here.

It's being taken care of my Boss.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back