• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Commenting on relatively old threads - What's the correct etiquette?

This is a great question. I haven't been in here long and it took me a while to realise I had to look at every post/exchange post to make sure it wasn't "outdated" I made the mistake several times (and was summarily shot down for such) of commenting on things that popped up in the similar threads section at the bottom of the page not realising they were old threads. Wish I'd read this thread first. Lol

I agree if it's even remotely constructive or related...

But some folks like to add a 'Cool', 'LOL' or a 'Welcome' emoji to every time there's a intro post ...

Now THATS annoying!!
I understand your comments about any other post however as a relative Newbie myself, it's actually quite nice to receive even a brief greeting!

i'm a man of etiquette;)

etiquette.jpg

Some people just shoot down others who have posted in an old thread regardless of whether they have added anything to the discussion. Dunno why they get so wound up about it, particularly as they berate someone just as much for posting a new post about topics discussed before :s.

Back