• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Common Oakley RX Question

mrdimi

Oakley Beginner
So I'm new here and looking to move away from having to wear contact lenses and my old Oakley M2 frame I purchased in the 90's but I've gone to a couple of places and both say my RX isn't possible. Just looking for some second/third/fourth opinions on what's possible and how they will look. Getting tired of wearing contacts. I need progressives but happy if they were single vision lenses as I can live with that. I don't really know how to read the prescription but I'm pretty blind LOL. I was looking for something with Trail Torch, either the Flak 2.0 or the Radar EV.

OD -5.50 DS
OS -5.50-0.50 x100
Add +2.00
I'm guessing this is pretty bad, thanks in advance.

Those frames won't work in progressive lenses. And that rx certainly won't work in those frames.

Your rx is pretty high. You should consider trusting the professionals you meet in person..I don't like telling people to compromise, but when you are that nearsighted you might not have a choice.

Also, you skittles really consider getting lasik. Cutting your RX down to about a -2.00 or even correcting your distance vision to only need reading glasses.

Those frames won't work in progressive lenses. And that rx certainly won't work in those frames.

Your rx is pretty high. You should consider trusting the professionals you meet in person..I don't like telling people to compromise, but when you are that nearsighted you might not have a choice.

Also, you skittles really consider getting lasik. Cutting your RX down to about a -2.00 or even correcting your distance vision to only need reading glasses.
Thanks that’s what I thought but wouldn’t hurt to ask. I wasn’t looking for progressives and they suggested Rudy Project which has inserts up to -6 I believe. Love my Oakley’s and at 51 change and eye surgery is hard.

Thanks that’s what I thought but wouldn’t hurt to ask. I wasn’t looking for progressives and they suggested Rudy Project which has inserts up to -6 I believe. Love my Oakley’s and at 51 change and eye surgery is hard.
I hear you. Thanks for the polite reply.

Back