• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Compatible Rubbers, Lenses & Icons Between Models

Accurate icon compatibility
COMPATIVILITY LIST

straight jacket II, pit boss II, scalpel, bottle cap, ten x, fate

flak jacket, flak jacket xlj , pulse, drop in

eyepatch 2, offshoot, big taco, crankshaft, det cord, crankcase

holbrook , jupiter square

CROSSHAIR, FAST JACKET, FAST JACKET XL, FIVES 2.0, FLAK JACKET 2.0, JATCHET WIRE, JAWBONE

MONSTER PUP, RADAR, RADAR EV, SCAR, SPEECHLESS, SPIKE, SPLICE, SPLIT JACKET, TOMSTONE

MAG SWITCH, VALVE 1, ZERO

straightlink, radarlock

mainlink, madman, badman, chainlink, thinlink, triggerman, crosslink, evzero, radar xs ( kids), radar ev xs ( kids)

Half Jacket 2.0 , M2

9;

fives square , sliver, 4+2, servo

10;

FOUR S, CANTEEN, Minute, FIVE SQUARE , FIVES 3.0, BOTTLE ROCKET

11;

M frame, flack jacket 1999

12:

STRAIGHT JACKET ll , pit boss 2, Scalpel, Bottlecap

GASCAN

thinlink, EVZERO, JAWBREAKER , MAINLINK , BADMAN, TRIGGERMAN, CHAINLINK

unstoppable, moonlighter, cohort , feedback , sanctuary , tie breaker

proxy , Wiretap, Tailback, Squarewire, Unstoppable

Accurate icon compatibility
COMPATIVILITY LIST

straight jacket II, pit boss II, scalpel, bottle cap, ten x, fate

flak jacket, flak jacket xlj , pulse, drop in

eyepatch 2, offshoot, big taco, crankshaft, det cord, crankcase

holbrook , jupiter square

CROSSHAIR, FAST JACKET, FAST JACKET XL, FIVES 2.0, FLAK JACKET 2.0, JATCHET WIRE, JAWBONE

MONSTER PUP, RADAR, RADAR EV, SCAR, SPEECHLESS, SPIKE, SPLICE, SPLIT JACKET, TOMSTONE

MAG SWITCH, VALVE 1, ZERO

straightlink, radarlock

mainlink, madman, badman, chainlink, thinlink, triggerman, crosslink, evzero, radar xs ( kids), radar ev xs ( kids)

Half Jacket 2.0 , M2

9;

fives square , sliver, 4+2, servo

10;

FOUR S, CANTEEN, Minute, FIVE SQUARE , FIVES 3.0, BOTTLE ROCKET

11;

M frame, flack jacket 1999

12:

STRAIGHT JACKET ll , pit boss 2, Scalpel, Bottlecap

GASCAN

thinlink, EVZERO, JAWBREAKER , MAINLINK , BADMAN, TRIGGERMAN, CHAINLINK

unstoppable, moonlighter, cohort , feedback , sanctuary , tie breaker

proxy , Wiretap, Tailback, Squarewire, Unstoppable
Updated, Thankyou for great info @armando rendon.

A few questions:-
What model is 4+2?

Also, I think there are some errors. The info here...
"10; FOUR S, CANTEEN, Minute, FIVE SQUARE , FIVES 3.0, BOTTLE ROCKET"

seems to be wrong. Four s is an oval icon, Canteen is a square icon as is five squared.

Anyone know of compatible (and available) rubber gaskets for Nanowire 2.0 and / or Why 8 / 8.1 / 8.2?
I need to replace degraded ones for the screws holding the lenses tight with the nose piece on a Why 8. It will happen to the Nano as well eventually... cheers!

updated - info from @StG - original post here - Icon Compatibility and Tips on How to Remove Easily (cacatman)

All these share the same Icon.

CROSSHAIR
FAST JACKET
FAST JACKET XL
FIVES 2.0
FLAK JACKET 2.0
HATCHET WIRE
JAWBONE
MONSTER PUP
RADAR
RADAR EV
SCAR
SPEECHLESS
SPIKE
SPLICE
SPLIT JACKET
TOMSTONE
MAG SWITCH
VALVE 1
ZERO

Is the icon for Fuel Cell only Fuel Cell, or are there others that fit? I do not see Fuel Cell mentioned in this thread of compatibles.

Any lens I can use for Romeo? Normal one, not Jordan.
What's the best lens for custom cut for Romeo?

I was looking into replacement nose bombs for Mag Switch.
Splice.jpg

Left: original, right: Splice. Probably the closest fit on the nose to the original from the nose bombs I have, but it looks a bit funky, as it extends so much into the lens and nose bridge areas.

Penny_small.jpg

Left: original, right: Penny small. Works quite well, but I need'em for my Penny.

Penny_large.jpg

Both: Penny large (I hope that's what they are - I should keep more order). That's what I ended up using, coz they are spares. Since they're much larger than the originals, they offset the frame from your face, thus facilitating a much different fit. It's not terrible, but it's different. It obviously depends on your facial features, but for the Mag Switch that might be considered and advantage (with some good will), because it lessens the chance of the frame touching your skin. Wherever it touches your skin, it will corrode even through ceramic coating. Disadvantage being that the frame's wrap is not super tight anymore, potentially allowing a little light ingress from the top or sides. Also, the lower part of the orbitals moves more into field of vision.

The other big advantage about Penny nose bombs is that you can actually get third party replacements (like @Linegear Japan). If you know of other nose bombs that have a secure fit on Mag Switch and that are still available for purchase, please let me know.

Last edited:
Arms Compatibility
Badman with madman arms => I feel better with than full badman as badman pair is very large and it does not fit completely my face. So good to know that you can switch this way (@fiveteeo)
Madman with badman arms => too large to wear them : they can fall (@fiveteeo)

Thanks for alerting me to this, @Dbninc

Anyone know of compatible (and available) rubber gaskets for Nanowire 2.0 and / or Why 8 / 8.1 / 8.2?
I need to replace degraded ones for the screws holding the lenses tight with the nose piece on a Why 8. It will happen to the Nano as well eventually... cheers!
hi, can you provide a picture with which rubber piece you are looking for? I may have what you need.

Latest Posts

Back