• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Completed R1 Family -- Updated

Does the second gen ti have an A suffix? I had one but had no A suffix. And it was too brownish to be plasma...so far i have a tough time locating the second gen ti...
Another question, did the x metal have a second gen as well?

Does the second gen ti have an A suffix? I had one but had no A suffix. And it was too brownish to be plasma...so far i have a tough time locating the second gen ti...

Second gen Ti has an"A" suffix,it has a shiney finish rather like plasma, there are Plasma with and without the "A" suffix ,but the finish is the same on both, there are no A suffix x-metals.

I've read from @Dragonvoi that there was a 2nd Gen X-metal R1 and they are distinguished by the shape of the earstems. I remember reading that the 1st Gen XM R1 (including jordans) have the "block shaped" ear stems while the 2nd Gen XM R1 (what I have) have the smoother shaped Earstems.

I've read from @Dragonvoi that there was a 2nd Gen X-metal R1 and they are distinguished by the shape of the earstems. I remember reading that the 1st Gen XM R1 (including jordans) have the "block shaped" ear stems while the 2nd Gen XM R1 (what I have) have the smoother shaped Earstems.
This is true. I have looked at mine and the shape of ear stems is different on the particular generation of x metal R1s. Not sure if it's the actual generation of the frame, but higher serial numbered frames have the round ear stems. Coincidence? I don't know.

This is true. I have looked at mine and the shape of ear stems is different on the particular generation of x metal R1s. Not sure if it's the actual generation of the frame, but higher serial numbered frames have the round ear stems. Coincidence? I don't know.
pics please....

Back