• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Concealed Carry

• Thread starter Deleted member 34744
  • Start date
The constitution is not immutable. See the 18th and 21st amendments.
What does that have anything to do with what I wrote? As the constitution stands, those laws are improper.
Don’t be giving bad advice on the internet then @Dbninc Esquire. People believe sh!t when you write things like that... this isn’t a legal advice forum.
What is the bad advice I gave? Call your local district attorney, they’ll tell you the exact same thing. This is America, you don’t need “papers” to travel.

Edit: I also wrote to check local laws in my previous comment.

Last edited:
Felons in most states are allowed to vote when they are out

I didn't know it was in most states as every state I've voted in prohibited felons from voting.
  • In the District of Columbia, Maine and Vermont, felons never lose their right to vote, even while they are incarcerated.
  • In 16 states, felons lose their voting rights only while incarcerated, and receive automatic restoration upon release.
  • In 21 states, felons lose their voting rights during incarceration, and for a period of time after, typically while on parole and/or probation. Voting rights are automatically restored after this time period. Former felons may also have to pay any outstanding fines, fees or restitution before their rights are restored as well.
  • In 11 states felons lose their voting rights indefinitely for some crimes, or require a governor’s pardon in order for voting rights to be restored, face an additional waiting period after completion of sentence (including parole and probation) or require additional action before voting rights can be restored.

• In the District of Columbia, Maine and Vermont, felons never lose their right to vote, even while they are incarcerated.
  • In 16 states, felons lose their voting rights only while incarcerated, and receive automatic restoration upon release.
  • In 21 states, felons lose their voting rights during incarceration, and for a period of time after, typically while on parole and/or probation. Voting rights are automatically restored after this time period. Former felons may also have to pay any outstanding fines, fees or restitution before their rights are restored as well.
  • In 11 states felons lose their voting rights indefinitely for some crimes, or require a governor’s pardon in order for voting rights to be restored, face an additional waiting period after completion of sentence (including parole and probation) or require additional action before voting rights can be restored.
Thanks, I thought I read or heard somewhere they lost their voting rights indefinitely. I'll have to look up a breakdown by state when I get home.

That explains when some states perpetually go blue every election...
tumblr_lfytnhxRes1qghwsqo1_500.gif

@ItnStln Now you only have to do 49 more.
In New Jersey, a conviction for a felony offense results in the loss of a state resident’s voting rights. However, once a felon completes his/her prison sentence, probation, or parole, his/her voting rights will be reinstated.

Back