• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Concealed Carry

• Thread starter Deleted member 34744
  • Start date
You’re being paranoid, which is normal. Most people are stuck in their own world (They’re the star of the show that is their life) and don’t have the slightest inkling what is going on around them. MAYBE an extra observant person can tell, but that depends on where you’re concealing it. Is it in the waist? Outside the waist? Kidney? 2 o’clock?

As @the_owl said, might be too big for the spot where you’re trying to conceal it. Use baggier clothing. Wear a light jacket unzipped.
I go out of my way, every day to make sure im not the star of my own show. Used to play a game with others in training classes to spot them before they spot you out in public. I kinda always glance folks over who can kick my ass, or people who seem otherwise sketchy. Make note of exits, cops in the room etc. But Im probably the exception. I mean, what do I have to be paranoid about?

My idea of 'conceal', is the weapon is 'not' seen.
If you're getting stares, people can probably see your weapon?
If you don't want to be stared at, then hide weapon better?
If you've hidden weapon well and are still getting stares, maybe fly is open, and gun is seen?:vinsent:

I go out of my way, every day to make sure im not the star of my own show. Used to play a game with others in training classes to spot them before they spot you out in public. I kinda always glance folks over who can kick my ass, or people who seem otherwise sketchy. Make note of exits, cops in the room etc. But Im probably the exception. I mean, what do I have to be paranoid about?
That’s a great game! Maybe up the ante with a couple doll hairs for whoever spots first, hehe.

Nothing wrong with being observant. Those who fail to plan, plan to fail! Paranoia, though, is another thing entirely. I’d say you’re planning ahead, not paranoid.

My idea of 'conceal', is the weapon is 'not' seen.
If you're getting stares, people can probably see your weapon?
If you don't want to be stared at, then hide weapon better?
If you've hidden weapon well and are still getting stares, maybe fly is open, and gun is seen?:vinsent:
Think he’s selling some hot dogs, and showing off the merchandise?

You’re being paranoid, which is normal. Most people are stuck in their own world (They’re the star of the show that is their life) and don’t have the slightest inkling what is going on around them. MAYBE an extra observant person can tell, but that depends on where you’re concealing it. Is it in the waist? Outside the waist? Kidney? 2 o’clock?

As @the_owl said, might be too big for the spot where you’re trying to conceal it. Use baggier clothing. Wear a light jacket unzipped.
It's a kydex concealed outer carry on the hip. You cannot tell I'm carrying unless I lift my shirt up. I make sure I wear a shirt 2 sizes up every time I go out with it on. I've tried all kinds of holsters and all kinds of positions nothing is more comfortable than a Kydex concealed outer carry holster.

It's a kydex concealed outer carry on the hip. You cannot tell I'm carrying unless I lift my shirt up. I make sure I wear a shirt 2 sizes up every time I go out with it on. I've tried all kinds of holsters and all kinds of positions nothing is more comfortable than a Kydex concealed outer carry holster.
I too have Kydex holsters for my 45 and 2 9mm. My wife also sports a Kydex for her Kimber. I dont wear oversized clothing though. Sometimes I gotta Pat my weapon to make sure its there. Such commonplace now

Unless your wearing some skin tight shirts and jeans you shouldn’t have a problem with printing. Other factors are the size of the firearm and your build.

Back