• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

concept of switching to collecting O matter due to economic reasons :)

.I was going to unload my mars.....till I took them out of the box to look at em.....then I realized..... I'll have a hard time finding these in this condition again without spending gobs of money.
Well well! :)

Couldn't have stated it better myself. the plastic stuff will always depreciate in value.I was going to unload my mars.....till I took them out of the box to look at em.....then I realized..... I'll have a hard time finding these in this condition again without spending gobs of money.

I'd have the same feeling if I ever found a large breasted, green eyed Asian woman.

the best way to collect xmetal without spending is to celebrate it and get an xmetal or two during

Birthdays
Valentines day
Independence day
Christmas day
New years day
Graduation day
Spring break
Wedding anniversary
Fathers day
Beginning of school day
etc

the best things in life are for free;)

david had a good approach to his xmetal collection. by distilling his pairs and selling/trading up, he was able to manage his cost and have a stellar collection at the same time.

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/rounding-out-my-permanent-collection.38837/

also in switching to omatters, in regards to cost, that doesnt make sense because if you started two collections with $1000 2 years ago and bought xmetals, you could very well have a collection worth $2000 today or more depending on how active you are at selling and trading. (with some patience you could have picked up 4 XS two years ago for $1k) but say you bought 8 flak jackets at the same time, do you think you could value 8 flak jackets @ $2000 total? would you expect someone to pay $250 for a used flak jacket today?

but then again who am I to say what you should collect...(I have a lot of sport-specific pairs that I would love to trade for your collection) :cool-33:

Thanks Ken.

If you are having financial difficulties....cut out collecting for a few months and get your bills paid properly......Oakleys can take over everything.......if you don't pay your normal bills, how can you expect to keep purchasing what you like when it comes to Oakelys?

Maybe barter x-metals to pay for utilities, rent, mortgage etc? You just don't know unless you try....

Latest Posts

Back