• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

concept of switching to collecting O matter due to economic reasons :)

I'd have the same feeling if I ever found a large breasted, green eyed Asian woman.

tn_8828.jpg

as someone who was up to 50 O matter/sports/lifestyle frames I can honestly tell you i regret not making the jump to x metal sooner and stopping the o matter.
although i do like some o matter frames still, i ended up selling a bunch for below what i paid to subsidize the x metal collection.
a few o matters are nice to use/play with when i dont want to get my Metals all jacked up but ultimately they just dont feel as substantial or artistically inspiring as x metals. they kinda start to look & feel like just PLASTIC after awhile. they feel less valuable in my hands and except for 3 or 4pairs or something like a Pit boss 2 or a tin can or carbon blade, i just think non x metals are kinda a waste of $$ until i finish my x metal collection.
Just my opinion, but if you get a bunch of o matters I'll bet you wish u had the money from 4 pairs to get a single X metal.
Good luck with whatever you decide though, ultimately its what you like that matters!
I have to agree with all the points you make! Constantly look at other models, just been eyeing up a a Split Jacket, but then I start thinking. That would be money I could spend on another X-Metal. They will last longer, have much more substance and the aftermarket support (although increasingly not Oakley) looks to be available for years to come. Dare I say it they are a symbol of Oakley's hay day and iconic (the X-Men film and Mission Impossible helped with that).

By the way I also like the Pit Boss line. I think of them as honorary X-Metals (more so than the Badman and Madman)

Latest Posts

Back