• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Concept Studio Tie Dye Frogskins

robjeff25

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
so it's been a little bit of a roller coaster, but I finally got my Concept Studios Tie Dye Frogskins; a little back story, I woke up early on the 1st and ordered these online. however, on the 2nd of December an update on the status of the order was stated that they were "cancelled." The dog tag bottle opener was going to be shipped to me nonetheless. It took me three times calling Oakley asking for an update on why the Tie Dye Frogs did not ship and they stated a "glitch in the ordering system allowed more than one orders to go through on the purchase." I was a little ticked and mentioned to them that it was unacceptable for me to call on a special one of a kind order like this and not get any response from them on the order update. On the third complaint call I was finally given a discount percentage on my next purchase.

During the next few days I tried to purchase the Concept Studios in Tulsa, but they were bought up. So I was out of luck on trying to snag a pair of the concepts, until....on the 9th of December I got a call from one of the Oakley Customer Service Supervisors and he stated to me that the Tie Dye Frogs were available if I still wanted to purchase them. I jumped at the offer and purchased them AGAIN over the phone. Over the next few days, the Frogs sat in my order history with an "in process" status update and I called the customer service supervisor a few times asking for updates if at possible. The answer was always that "the order looks good and I don't see any issues with it at this time."

The Tie Dyes finally shipped to me yesterday (16th) and I got them this morning. They are pretty B.A., but I was a little disappointed in the outer box which doesn't have sku sticker that I have seen on others post. The sunglasses bag is also "Plain Jane" black. I thought that it would have been custom like the others. It is signed by BT and don't get me wrong, I'm not going to part with these for a long time, but these dang Frogs caused a little heartache with the whole process.

I don't want to sound like a whiner, but just wanted to share my story with y'all. I don't post much, but since I haven't seen any of the other Artist Tie Dyes, I figured I'd let everyone else take a look.

Without further adieu......................

aYg0QP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
QUIT YER BITCHIN!!!! :p

Just kidding! Congrats and managing to get that pair you wanted. I'm sorry to hear you lucked out on the pairs at the Tulsa store but I'm betting they probably went to a good home nonetheless. :eek:

QUIT YER BITCHIN!!!! :p

Just kidding! Congrats and managing to get that pair you wanted. I'm sorry to hear you lucked out on the pairs at the Tulsa store but I'm betting they probably went to a good home nonetheless. :eek:

Yea like a crazy guy from NY who buys 3 of everything and walks around with carbon C6's. HAHA.

so it's been a little bit of a roller coaster, but I finally got my Concept Studios Tie Dye Frogskins; a little back story, I woke up early on the 1st and ordered these online. however, on the 2nd of December an update on the status of the order was stated that they were "cancelled." The dog tag bottle opener was going to be shipped to me nonetheless. It took me three times calling Oakley asking for an update on why the Tie Dye Frogs did not ship and they stated a "glitch in the ordering system allowed more than one orders to go through on the purchase." I was a little ticked and mentioned to them that it was unacceptable for me to call on a special one of a kind order like this and not get any response from them on the order update. On the third complaint call I was finally given a discount percentage on my next purchase.

During the next few days I tried to purchase the Concept Studios in Tulsa, but they were bought up. So I was out of luck on trying to snag a pair of the concepts, until....on the 9th of December I got a call from one of the Oakley Customer Service Supervisors and he stated to me that the Tie Dye Frogs were available if I still wanted to purchase them. I jumped at the offer and purchased them AGAIN over the phone. Over the next few days, the Frogs sat in my order history with an "in process" status update and I called the customer service supervisor a few times asking for updates if at possible. The answer was always that "the order looks good and I don't see any issues with it at this time."

The Tie Dyes finally shipped to me yesterday (16th) and I got them this morning. They are pretty B.A., but I was a little disappointed in the outer box which doesn't have sku sticker that I have seen on others post. The sunglasses bag is also "Plain Jane" black. I thought that it would have been custom like the others. It is signed by BT and don't get me wrong, I'm not going to part with these for a long time, but these dang Frogs caused a little heartache with the whole process.

I don't want to sound like a whiner, but just wanted to share my story with y'all. I don't post much, but since I haven't seen any of the other Artist Tie Dyes, I figured I'd let everyone else take a look.

Without further adieu......................

aYg0QP.jpg

Thanks for posting, I really wanted these ones to but didn't want to deal with trying to order online.
Glad it worked out for you, you got one badass pair of Frogs.

I think your going to find that you wouldn't change this back story for the pair themselves. If you had just ordered and they just came then they would just be a cool pair in your collection.

Instead, when someone asks about these you can look back and know that this pair has a personal back story that required you to exert a lot of effort and in the end worked out. I think these kind of things help enshrine the piece in your heart.

Anyway, awesome story and great looking frog!

Back