• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Confirming my understanding of Juliet lense options

Welcome! Kronin has given you the best advice! OEM, OEM custom, or linegear. Nothing else makes it into my display or in my glasses (although the Revant HC3 Elite gets an exception here- they are prism corrected and are actually a decent lens). Hope you enjoy the forum, it's a great place full of excellent information!

Thank you! Good to know. As I have looked at the options available on eBay or the aftermarket sites I am not seeing the custom cut for the ruby/red lenses. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thank you! Good to know. As I have looked at the options available on eBay or the aftermarket sites I am not seeing the custom cut for the ruby/red lenses. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Just depends what's available at the moment. It is possible to get Ruby custom cuts in base 8 for Juliets. From Big Taco donors, for example...

Try instead to find Ruby Big Taco replacement lenses instead of a pair that's already cut; might be easier. Then you can send them to one of the cutters here. That doesn't violate any forum rules, even if you don't have exchange access yet.

Just depends what's available at the moment. It is possible to get Ruby custom cuts in base 8 for Juliets. From Big Taco donors, for example...

Try instead to find Ruby Big Taco replacement lenses instead of a pair that's already cut; might be easier. Then you can send them to one of the cutters here. That doesn't violate any forum rules, even if you don't have exchange access yet.
Or just give up altogether ;)

Gotcha, thank you! ...Big Tacos...someone enjoys themselves at their job at Oakley.

Hey Nzfly,
Usuallly the base curve is going to matter imho. It might fit by manipulation but I personally wouldn't want to man handle it. The glasses and the lenses come out of the mold with the same base curve so they are uniform. So anytime there's any torque on the lens from the frame when it gets pushed into place and that can throw off the optics. That means that they wouldn't be "optically correct" which is what Oakley is all about!

Hey Nzfly,
Usuallly the base curve is going to matter imho. It might fit by manipulation but I personally wouldn't want to man handle it. The glasses and the lenses come out of the mold with the same base curve so they are uniform. So anytime there's any torque on the lens from the frame when it gets pushed into place and that can throw off the optics. That means that they wouldn't be "optically correct" which is what Oakley is all about!

That's true if they're not cut properly, i.e. you use a template designed for base 8 on base 6. But it is possible to cut them so they fit without having to bend / torque them.

This is an old subject that's already been discussed in detail, back when Big Taco replacements were discontinued and Turbines became the go-to donors; some searching can dig up a lot of info.

Latest Posts

Back