• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Considering Racing Jackets As A Potential Pair Of Running Glasses

s3sunruh

Oakley Expert
Casper WY
I love my radars but want to change it up a bit with some new glasses. Tried on some M-frames and looked ridiculous! So I thought the funky aggressive look of the racing jacket would be good for a change.

Opinions? I'm more or less set on getting a pair, I just need some help with color choices. I am an 18 year old Caucasian teen with long blonde curly hair (going for that free spirited college look). Will white make me an instant toolbag even for workout glasses?

I love my radars but want to change it up a bit with some new glasses. Tried on some M-frames and looked ridiculous! So I thought the funky aggressive look of the racing jacket would be good for a change.

Opinions? I'm more or less set on getting a pair, I just need some help with color choices. I am an 18 year old Caucasian teen with long blonde curly hair (going for that free spirited college look). Will white make me an instant toolbag even for workout glasses?

Long blonde curly hair on a dude with white racing jackets? Says toolbag to me.......LOL. You want funky, go with atomic orange....You want aggressive, go with matte black with vented lenses....Match the swivel bolt to your lens choice....

On a side note if your using them for running you want as much ventilation getting to your eye area as possible. Especially if your sweating hard. I have found my racing/split jackets fog up sometimes. I suggest going with a half frame design, like the half jacket, flak jacket, half jacket 2.0, etc. just as long as you you have excellent ventilation.....

Well I'm thinking the new "jawbone" racing jacket. Those are all vented I'm pretty sure. That was prioriety for me. But thanks for the input! I actually really like the black/pink ones with the black iridium or the black/grey with the blue vr28. I'll post pictures when whatever I decide on gets here.

Well I'm thinking the new "jawbone" racing jacket. Those are all vented I'm pretty sure. That was prioriety for me. But thanks for the input! I actually really like the black/pink ones with the black iridium or the black/grey with the blue vr28. I'll post pictures when whatever I decide on gets here.

I say try the new white with black text racing jacket with black jaws and clear black iridium photochromic lenses. The white paired with the black makes it much less douchey if u know what i mean.

Racing Jackets are a pretty perfect pair of sunglasses for running to be honest. They all actually come with a set of replacement lenses as standard, so you can change the lens depending on the weather...which is pretty helpful in the UK! Course you'd also get a headstrap with them too which is a nice touch.

With regards to colours, we've actually got every colour that Oakley do, so feel free to have a look:

Shade Station - Racing Jacket Sunglasses

The only other frame I could suggest is the Radarlocks. Have you considered them? I know you don't like M Frames, but they are perfect for running.

As awesome as the radarlocks seem, I really just don't have a need for them. I can change out my lenses on my standard radar in close to the same time with minimal fingerprints. :wink: And I did order a pair of racing jackets off the bay. I went for the ones that have the vr28 blue lens as it is one that I haven't tried out yet! I have all the other colors and wanted to try something new. If I don't like the color I can always buy a new set of lenses. :biggrin:

Latest Posts

Back