• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Considering Selling/trading My X Metal XX

Here are the comparisons with the Split Jacket. I'll refrain from commenting on these and let you be the judge.

Thanks, I wanted to see the size comparison, as well as the similar shape.. I compared the O matter XX to the juliet on here too.. I had the O matter XX and ended up with the juliet.

Thanks for the pic comparison on the lenses too, I need/prefer the darker lenses, but I will have a Black Polarized lens for the Juliet soon, can always buy for the XS too.. still need to try a pair again

Now What are your comments on the XS and Split Jackets

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just going to say they're very similar as well. I guess that makes sense as i only buy stuff that i'll actually wear and fits my face. So for me, it's no surprise they're really close.

You may want to look at the pics again. I double posted one of them, but fixed it while you were looking. It's the shot that i have one directly behind the other head on.

Look at this too: Oakley Sunglass Lens Tint | Oakley.com

Fire Iridium is at 16% light transmission vs. Black Iridium and Ice Iridium at 10%

Everyone's eyes are different to light sensitivity, but i've used both under the same conditions and i actually prefer the Fire Iridium Polarized due to the contrast. I have them on my polished juliets. Details get lost when the lens is too dark.

There's a lens tint for every situation. If you're using it for driving, i recommend black iridium. If it's for out door activities or maybe even watching sports in the sunlight, and you need to see detail, Fire Iridium is what i'd pick.

you know it looks like the frame on the XS has the heavier corners to make it square, lens it not as square as I recall from when I tried them

No, they're not exactly square and yes, the frame does add to the look. But i think that's why they're still very similar in shape and coverage.

Yes, the ones i have are polarized.

And i stand corrected. I failed to click on the polarized tab and just looked at the standard lens tints. Yes, Fire Iridium Polarized is 10% vs 9% on the Black Iridium Polarized, which is a very negligible difference. The difference will be in the contrast.

Yes, the ones i have are polarized.

And i stand corrected. I failed to click on the polarized tab and just looked at the standard lens tints. Yes, Fire Iridium Polarized is 10% vs 9% on the Black Iridium Polarized, which is a very negligible difference. The difference will be in the contrast.

Just like the differences with Black Iridium Polarized/ VR28 Black Iridium Polarized/ Ice Iridium Polarized.. all 9-10% but different contrast/etc.

Latest Posts

Back