• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Considering Selling/trading My X Metal XX

-=Jeff=-

Oakley Expert
I have honestly worn them once since getting my Juliets. I think part of it is when they were RX I had Polarized lenses.. now I don't have Polarized in them.

I have a set of Black Iridium Polarized Lenses coming for my Juliets.

I am at the point I would be comfortable letting them go or trading them for a polished hammerstem Juliet.

I know all of you may think I am crazy but you could benefit if you have the Polished Hammerstem

If I sell them what are the really worth? Nose bridge has a small bit of flex.

Here is a picture of them with my X metal Juliets:
2011-10-08_20-31-53_875.jpg

They are worth more than a Juliet, so that would not really be an even trade. The last similar ebay auction I have saved ended at $238. A comparable Juliet might go for $160-$180. X-metal was by far the most common XX, so they generally are cheapest. The last Plasma frame I saw was $293, nice condition but no box/coin and without the original Ice lenses.

They are worth more than a Juliet, so that would not really be an even trade. The last similar ebay auction I have saved ended at $238. A comparable Juliet might go for $160-$180. X-metal was by far the most common XX, so they generally are cheapest. The last Plasma frame I saw was $293, nice condition but no box/coin and without the original Ice lenses.

Well most the Polished Frames I see are with Polarized lenses, so someone could get a good deal, there are 2 Polished/polarized on Ebay for around $250 and those are new.. I would consider that a fair deal (to me)

If you are trading for a brand new pair they would be about equal, but not in like condition. Of course the XX will still hold it's value much better, so after a few weeks of wearing the Juliet its resale value would be a similar deficit relative to the XX. If I were doing a trade I'd personally just go for a similar condition Juliet, and ask for a little extra money.

If you are trading for a brand new pair they would be about equal, but not in like condition. Of course the XX will still hold it's value much better, so after a few weeks of wearing the Juliet its resale value would be a similar deficit relative to the XX. If I were doing a trade I'd personally just go for a similar condition Juliet, and ask for a little extra money.

Thanks

Back