1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. mpjr1986

mpjr1986 Oakley Beginner

Hi CarGuy, I bought this exactly same case a few months ago. I had no ideal it was made by Oakley. I called them today and it turns out they sold Revo and have no records on file to provide specs or parts. I just started setting it up and discovered I'm missing 2 pegs that hold the shelf glass.

But most importantly I cant find the type of light bulbs it uses. Unfortunately, it doesn't have any that i can compare it to. I don't want to risk adding the wrong light bulb and cause damage. Would you be so kind as to let me know what bulbs I can install in this case? Or post an image or two?

Model: 998-0099 Revo Slim Tower
    The harness has the following information: 2A 250 volts T20

Somehow I think that's a lot of watts. I only want a nice normal lighting, not to warm or bright.

Thank you,

Greatly appreciated.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakley dork

Oakley dork Oakley Enthusiast

Very cool

3. Frogskins

Frogskins Oakley Expert

Or of course I could just divorce her ...

Which I did!!!

LOL - sorry, couldn't resist ...

4. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

YES!!!!! :rofl:

cyclerdoug and Frogskins like this.
  5. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Welcome to the forum Junior!
    Questions: Where are you located, US (120V) or UK (250V)? Why do you think 2A split 4 ways (4 lamps) is a lot of wattage? Seems like low wattage to me and as an aside I seem to remember that soon after move-in one tower went dead. I had to search extensively to find what is an unusual voltage converter to drive the existing lamps.
    I can look later from home for more details on my particular application.
    edit:
    These are 3W LED lamps, the converter goes from 120v AC (in my application) to 24v DC @ 850MAH. I believe this in the 3W flavor with the outer bezel removed will work for you:
    3W Dimmable CREE Recessed LED Ceiling Down Light Spotlight Lamp with Driver
    Or these which come in 2 different color temperatures:
    CREE 3W Dimmable LED Recessed Ceiling light Down Light Spotlight Lamp + Driver
    You should not need the white box that is shown wired in-line as this is the LED "driver". The lamp should already be seeing the dc voltage it needs from the converter in the base of the display.
    Grinder rests...

Last edited: 9/20/16
  6. Spenc

Spenc Oakley Expert Premium Member

Awesome buddy great idea

7. mpjr1986

mpjr1986 Oakley Beginner

Hi CarGuy,

Thank you for the information on the bulbs. I greatly appreciate it. I'm located in the U.S. The specs I provided were actually printed on the harness itself. I definitely did not want to risk it and go over the required wattage. I'm happy with a low light and low heat.

I will try those specs and bulbs you listed now. Thank you again for everything.

8. gascan21

gascan21 Oakley Beginner

man. these cases are the caca. i've seen them before but didn't pay them any mind.

9. gascan21

gascan21 Oakley Beginner

my kind of case. i love the construction.

10. BigRabbit

BigRabbit Oakley Collector

Wow nice set up