• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Copper Penny Cleaning

Well, since no one step up to make a recommendation......i'll make suggestion......and this is what i use for my polished frames and plasma frames to remove tarnish and oxidation....use a little at a a time in a small area. don't rub too hard either; 100% cotton cloth works the best. Since copper is a thin metal coating, it should work and protect the metal. This is a polishing compound, be gentle otherwise it will thin out too much to expose bare metal. PS.....not advertising for the company, but that's what i had in the garage. Eagle One also has a nano compound chrome polish, i bet it will work as well.
View attachment 462086

Yea j would only use that on a polished frame. It might ruin the finish and or strip it especially since it’s not real copper. Thanks for the tip.

wondering if CP is a form of metal platting finish? wondering how the aftermarket services produce the copper finishes?

There have been aftermarket refinishers who do real copper plating. First you plate a nickel substrate then you can plate the copper (or gold).

Well, since no one step up to make a recommendation......i'll make suggestion......and this is what i use for my polished frames and plasma frames to remove tarnish and oxidation....use a little at a a time in a small area. don't rub too hard either; 100% cotton cloth works the best. Since copper is a thin metal coating, it should work and protect the metal. This is a polishing compound, be gentle otherwise it will thin out too much to expose bare metal. PS.....not advertising for the company, but that's what i had in the garage. Eagle One also has a nano compound chrome polish, i bet it will work as well.
View attachment 462086
I wouldn't use that on copper it actually takes outer coat off!! If you use it on an anodized pair they will be a polished pair fast lol

Back