• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Corona 19 thread

Excellent post.

I left the patriotism out of my response though, because that's largely based on feelings and opinions. It's not ethical nor is it a 'right' to use another person's/entity's time for your personal protests. That is an irrefutable fact!!

Any American is entitled to their right of protest on their OWN time and only if it's done in accordance with the laws and it's done peacefully. That also is an irrefutable fact!

Now imagine being in the position that you are defending...the burning down of innocent people's businesses, the destruction of innocent people's neighborhoods, the beating of innocent people in the streets, the stealing of innocent people's belongings/goods...then ridiculing and criticizing other people peaceably petitioning their government for change and invoking outrage because the peaceful people had big scary guns, GASP 😟....and expecting sensible people to take you serious and respect your 'opinion.'

L
O
L
Well, I leave nothing out oak's... you know me, i am an emotional guy.....:beach::angel:

and i sure as hell aint no Trudeau pusssy. Not saying you voted for him lex........ but....... someone did! 🖕

and i sure as hell aint no Trudeau pusssy. Not saying you voted for him lex........ but....... someone did!

You mean this piece of work?
fd3760ba5d97abe20b7413f57faf45fe.jpg

I wouldn’t mix in those peaceful protestors with those causing chaos. It’s sad that these more radical *******s are completely drowning out and taking advantage of the current situation. A Home Depot by us got looted. Why? What purpose does that serve?! That ends up making the headlines over the peaceful protestors around the area. Sad day

Last edited:
Because he was on his job..... and instead of standing during the american national anthem, which you are supposed to do, he went the complete opposite way and went to one knee......incredibly disrespectful to America.

Of course you have no problem with that, you are canadian, and apparently do not have close ties to your country . And i bet you are not as proud to be a Canadian as most americans are to being an american.
I am proud of my country, and if anyone did this kneeling sh it i would be upset too, we all would be here.

Don't be mad just because you don't have the love of your country like many americans and europeans have.
Why do you feel it appropriate to attack and question the members patriotism of his country?
Because he has different views than yours, is he then a bad person?

Can others be respectful in their disagreements? I didn’t see anyone instigate or attack you, would you prefer that to civil discord between two members?

Now imagine being in the position that you are defending...the burning down of innocent people's businesses, the destruction of innocent people's neighborhoods, the beating of innocent people in the streets, the stealing of innocent people's belongings/goods...then ridiculing and criticizing other people peaceably petitioning their government for change and invoking outrage because the peaceful people had big scary guns, GASP 😟....and expecting sensible people to take you serious and respect your 'opinion.'

I didn't see anywhere anyone defended looting and burning. Bringing all your guns when you go out to peacefully protest is stupid and makes it a nightmare for all the security officers there.

Didn't you post something about it being bad that everything was made political? Can't see anyone doing it more than you at the moment ;)

He made it everyone's business by protesting while on his employer's time during live television broadcasts. Your attempt at a point there is moot!

Was it MY company, no. Did HIS company agree with him doing it? Obviously not, they're not doing it anymore.

Is it, in the essence of the idea, right to use a company's time for personal protests? No! Is it anyone's right to protest while on your employer's time? No!

Is it one's right to protest? Hell yeah! On their own time, in the proper venue, in a peaceful manner.

What part are you seriously trying to argue??

When your argument is to defend this...
View attachment 745083

While criticizing this...
View attachment 745084
...I think you've pretty much said enough!

You STILL haven’t made any REAL point about WHY he can’t protest while he was at work... ‘because I said so’ or ‘it’s disrespectful’ are fairly emotional responses so such a banal gesture.

Just because something offends you, doesn’t mean it’s actually offensive.

So again, why CAN’T he protest in the peaceful manner of his choice?

Lastly, because the topic of conversation has strayed from my initial comment (why bother stating on point right?) ... I was talking about Kap taking a knee In peaceful protest on a National (Global) broadcast, that’s all!

The kind of peaceful protest VPOTUS is requesting through Twitter.

I condemn the violent looting and rioting, and I condemn all violence... always!

I also condemn the poor Policing skills which lead to this man dying.

Let them have their day in Court and send em away if that’s how the trial goes!

Back