• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Corona 19 thread

Its government. Anything associated with government becomes corrupt. Teachers unions are abhorrent! They don't support school choice, they refuse to allow teachers to be held accountable, they actively campaign to lessen testing and lower testing thresholds....they are essentially anti-education in every imaginable way. Then leftists like zax wonder why poor minority children aren't doing well in school and then dont seek further education post high school. Well, because they aren't being afforded a quality education, plus they're not allowed to seek a better school because corrupt politicians must keep them in the horrible inner city government schools. It's all infuriating because leftists create the very problems they feign outrage over!
This! Everything the government does is corrupt. At one time DOD was the exception but during the obama regime it got worse. I agree with your comments about teachers unions. All unions are abhorrent in reality. My union does what they can to pressure the company and congress to make changes that hurt us. What the union gets as a result would be more union employees. There needs to be accountability with teachers.

I see it all over Facebook and Twitter with teachers I know. They're all on vacation somewhere while getting paid to not do their job. As you said, it's asinine.
It's funny. There is a teacher who lives in my house. She appears to have had her work load close to doubled. It seems like this is more work than less. But I am not a teacher. I wouldn't know.

Sounds like YOU just have a sh!tty union... there are no doubt thousands of unions around the world who aren’t ‘abhorrent’.
The teacher's union in our state is awful. But not because they are trying to shutdown private schools. They just have zero power. They can't get raises that were negotiated. The big benefit is a sick leave bank in case you get really really sick, like cancer, and you get a tax deduction for union dues.

I know people who are teachers so what's your point?
Well, it's just that I am married to a teacher. And she isn't on vacation. Her work load has close to doubled because of e learning. In fact I do not know a single teacher who is working less clouds because of this. So your blanket statement that teachers are getting paid to not work seems in y informed.

Latest Posts

Back