• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Corona 19 thread

The teacher's union in our state is awful. But not because they are trying to shutdown private schools. They just have zero power. They can't get raises that were negotiated. The big benefit is a sick leave bank in case you get really really sick, like cancer, and you get a tax deduction for union dues.
A union with no power is a great union! Too bad my union has power over the companies and congress.

Well, it's just that I am married to a teacher. And she isn't on vacation. Her work load has close to doubled because of e learning. In fact I do not know a single teacher who is working less clouds because of this. So your blanket statement that teachers are getting paid to not work seems in y informed.
It's very informed actually and no one should be getting paid to not work especially a government employee

Informed based on Facebook posts? That's a very reliable source.
Informed based off of teachers that I know. Some of the people I work alongside are married to teachers and they too report the same thing. If they are public school teachers this sounds like a waste of money and needs to be investigated. I would love to have a government job where I get paid to not work because of the China Virus. I know I mentioned that I know teachers and I am not just going off of Facebook posts already so perhaps you have a reading comprehension problem? Here's the post:
I know people who are teachers so what's your point?

ThreadNuke.jpg

Informed based off of teachers that I know. Some of the people I work alongside are married to teachers and they too report the same thing. If they are public school teachers this sounds like a waste of money and needs to be investigated. I would love to have a government job where I get paid to not work because of the China Virus. I know I mentioned that I know teachers and I am not just going off of Facebook posts already so perhaps you have a reading comprehension problem? Here's the post:
I see it all over Facebook and Twitter with teachers I know. They're all on vacation somewhere while getting paid to not do their job. As you said, it's asinine.

Did you not say you see it all over Facebook?

Did you not say you see it all over Facebook?
I also said that I know teachers and work with people who are married to teachers so what is your point? Just because it is on Facebook doesn't make it untrue especially when I know teachers who confirm what I saw is true. What is your point aside from you don't like what is being said?

Back