• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Corona 19 thread

@Oaks 'Between The Hedges' Why bother mentioning someone by name if you're not going to tag them? Isn't that like talking about someone behind their back? You could have made your point without "like @Zax".
Cmon, you know I'm not apprehensive about calling someone out, that was an oversight to not put the @. I fully intended to because he brought up minority kids and education. My point was succinct and 100% directed at him, I'm not shying away from that or hiding behind an ignore function.

It sounds like you should stop exaggerating on Facebook

Just because it is on Facebook doesn't make it untrue. But I like how you're ignoring that I have asked teachers I know and hear the same thing from coworkers. I guess it doesn't fit your narrative.

They made the choice to be teachers so they should not have gone into a career field where there are such risks. I did a plethora of research prior to making a career change and didn't just jump up and say that I want to be a pilot. I knew the risks and the rewards because I did my research. So I feel no sympathy for people's life choices because it's not what they thought it would be. They made the choice to be a teacher, they weren't forced into it. Now they need to do their job and shut the **** up because some of us have worked more during the China Virus than before while getting no extra compensation.

It must be nice not to see your tax dollars being wasted paying teacher's salaries while they do nothing! Just because you don't see it doesn't make it untrue.
Nope, I enjoy having fun biking. It is fun to share crashing videos.

I didn't say anything about teachers taking risks? I mentioned that the work load increased significantly.

And I am not ignoring that you asked teachers anything. You have said that you know teachers who aren't working. Congrats. You know people who are swindling money from the state. But that does not appear to be the case here.

Nope, I enjoy having fun biking. It is fun to share crashing videos.
But misrepresenting yourself as a professional downhill mountain biker is an exaggeration. I keep my Facebook professional, same with my LinkedIn profile.
I didn't say anything about teachers taking risks? I mentioned that the work load increased significantly.
They chose the career so they shouldn't complain when it wasn't what they wanted.
And I am not ignoring that you asked teachers anything. You have said that you know teachers who aren't working. Congrats. You know people who are swindling money from the state. But that does not appear to be the case here.
It must be nice to not have teachers leeching off of taxpayers while they are not working. Where is this? I am looking to move in the next year and don't want to end up in a state that allows government employees to leech off of the state.

I know teachers that are sitting at home getting paid....and our kids are in school. According to some here and their logic anecdotal stories amount to fact, lol.

Meanwhile teachers are getting paid to not work.
This post actually offends me.

I know teachers too... some of them still had to do administrative work even while schools were closed.

Collecting checks while not teaching? Depending on the system, the teachers are paid portion of a check while working and the brief summer they are getting the rest of their pay.

From what I've been seeing, the start of the school year has been different vs the end. Teachers have been told to work or GTFO... and some have done just that

Back