• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Corp HQ's Bunker #378

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username Hidden said:
But wasn't it nice of him to offer it to us? I mean I could have ordered one but he did it for me and it's only twice the price!

Ok you crack me up lol. Dry humor....is there any other kind? :)

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
So I bought mine from a member here for $260 shipped.
Was I scalped?

Well..I saw that thread that you bought from, he did explain he had to make a trek to get it (gas, time etc), so maybe a little? I don't know. I don't consider adding a token of compensation of say $20 for the intangibles (driving almost an hour one way) out of order. There's a difference in me going to my Galleria in metro Houston to pick one up as opposed to other stores/vaults in the "outskirts" of Houston. That drive time and gas is real and in the spirit of helping some people out, $20 is not asking much I don't think.

David

Username Hidden said:
Wow. And the members who did the legwork to gather these, they don't deserve a little tip? o_O

Username Hidden said:
Well..I saw that thread that you bought from, he did explain he had to make a trek to get it (gas, time etc), so maybe a little? I don't know. I don't consider adding a token of compensation of say $20 for the intangibles (driving almost an hour one way) out of order. There's a difference in me going to my Galleria in metro Houston to pick one up as opposed to other stores/vaults in the "outskirts" of Houston. That drive time and gas is real and in the spirit of helping some people out, $20 is not asking much I don't think.

David
Precisely. I was typing when you posted.
Point is, I thought $260 shipped wasn't too bad considering the exclusivity of this item (unless we start discovering duplicate numbers .... [horror music]).

So 260, for a 150+ tax is still 100 mark up, I do believe a little extra for the time getting it, unless it was shipped over seas, that's still scalping. I don't mind giving extra for doing a favor but did you pick one up for yourself or was it just for gettings members one. if you went and bought one and they had two, so you decide to grab it to sell on to people on the forum you should sell it for a least around what you paid, now if they offer to pay u more for the inocvinence that's up to them, but if you buy one for yourself and one to sell and mark it up, that's scalping.

Username Hidden said:
So 260, for a 150+ tax is still 100 mark up, I do believe a little extra for the time getting it, unless it was shipped over seas, that's still scalping. I don't mind giving extra for doing a favor but did you pick one up for yourself or was it just for gettings members one. if you went and bought one and they had two, so you decide to grab it to sell on to people on the forum you should sell it for a least around what you paid, now if they offer to pay u more for the inocvinence that's up to them, but if you buy one for yourself and one to sell and mark it up, that's scalping.
Your point is well taken. I suppose we're all back to a subjective issue all over again.
My tolerance level for such price overs is a tad higher than yours, it seems.
Not you, but I'm sure there're people who'll fine tune this down to cents and precise distance travelled, time spent, etc.
For this, I thought anything $300 and under was fair game.
But that's just me.
I'm sure there'll be other who think $400 is fair.
And others who think they deserve to get one for free or $15.
It's all subjective, but I do understand your point.

Username Hidden said:
Your point is well taken. I suppose we're all back to a subjective issue all over again.
My tolerance level for such price overs is a tad higher than yours, it seems.
Not you, but I'm sure there're people who'll fine tune this down to cents and precise distance travelled, time spent, etc.
For this, I thought anything $300 and under was fair game.
But that's just me.
I'm sure there'll be other who think $400 is fair.
And others who think they deserve to get one for free or $15.
It's all subjective, but I do understand your point.

I do agree that down the road thies will go for 300 plus easy.

Username Hidden said:
I do agree that down the road thies will go for 300 plus easy.

you don't have go "down the road" for that to happen....the sold listings ebay already confirm as much.

Username Hidden said:
you don't have go "down the road" for that to happen....the sold listings ebay already confirm as much.

Lol

Just curious as to why the 3 pairs on here that sold for $260 didn't get the same flak?

Status
Not open for further replies.