• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"Correcting" the Carbon Shift

Kallision

I should Work at Oakley
North Virginia
I absolutely love the Carbon Shift frame but my nagging issue is what many people here are well aware of. The lack of nose bombs or any form of unobtanium grip at the nose bridge. Has anyone thought to or attempted to correct this issue? I know it's risking a pair of frames, but it could make them fit and stay better if done properly. There are a couple ways I have thought it could be possible, but I'm not sure, and I would have to buy the equipment to modify as well. It definitely is unorthodox, but I was just curious.

Not gonna lie, for a moment thought you were trollin him lol.
HAHAHA!! Fair enough. It kind of does sound like it. I had looked it up as well. It would be interesting to see nosebombs installed onto frames that don't have them though. I definitely think that some would truly benefit from it.

On the troll thing - I can't help but think that word is from gen Y.

I had only just heard it used for the first time in 2011. Its the product of the web post facebook. Of course facebook was invented by a pre pubescent spotty, snivvling liitle boy who had probably never cut his finger or bruised his knee - lol... Where's the snowflake emoji....??

Isn't a troll a fictional character who looks after a bridge and says stuff like - "Who there goes on my bridge"

Kind of from a nursery rhyme - lol