• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Corroded clip for Jawbreaker

Avon11331

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys

New to the forum so 'Hi' !

I purchased a pair of Jawbreakers (Mark Cavensish special I believe) of eBay a while back and having been given a new lens for Christmas, during the swap, the lens clip broke

It looks like it was corroded, presumably through sweat (yuk!)

Any ideas where I can get a new clip from? The frame is in v good condition.

IMG_0002.jpg

corroded? this does not look like rust. Loks more wear and tear......... which should not happen that easy imo, doubtful the lenses have been changed 100+ times.
Also, aren't this part stainless metal/anodized aluminum ?

Last edited:
It's definitely not stainless steel and is magnetic so it's not an alloy. It's not rusted as such, but some sort of corrosion. Anyway, the pin has simply come away from the clamp and it's now u/s.

My question to the form is, "Is this part available?"

It's definitely not stainless steel and is magnetic so it's not an alloy. It's not rusted as such, but some sort of corrosion. Anyway, the pin has simply come away from the clamp and it's now u/s.

My question to the form is, "Is this part available?"
we need the forum jawbreaker experts

For sale I don’t think that price will be easy to find.

You might be best off finding a new jaw for yoir frame and taking it apart.

But they forsure shouldn’t break that easyg

Yep with OCP that's how it comes — Jaw with clip. There are off brands that sell just the jaw

I'm under the impression the previous owner either sloppily did a swap or like, sat on the thing.

Looks like you will have to contact Oakley and ask about spare parts.
Tell us what they said....... would be nice to know 👍

Back