• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Costco Lens Cleaner Ok For My Oakleys?

Quick question, are you supposed to spray the solution directly on the lenses or spray the solution on the cloth and then wipe the lenses?

Im glad you asked brownnugen, because I had that question too.

Now for another, but related, question. Do you wash the microfiber cloths and bags with hand soap (like Dove) and air dry, or do you wash with fine-fabric / lingerie wash detergent like Woolite and air dry?

No just tap water no dryer.
Oakley used to say, and I don't know if they do or not anymore, but I still do it...To wash them with baby shampoo in the sink or in the shower and hang dry. I have always thrown mine in the washer with clothes, but I use a dye and perfume free detergent and NO DRYER! It's the fabric softeners that screw em up. Like any other microfiber cloth. You can also get lens cleaner at Wal Mart in their optical center that is fine as well as the Zeiss wipes, although I don't use the wipes I use Oakley or Zeiss spray and good detailers microfiber towels. The bags just soak up skin oils like a sponge...

Im glad you asked brownnugen, because I had that question too.

Now for another, but related, question. Do you wash the microfiber cloths and bags with hand soap (like Dove) and air dry, or do you wash with fine-fabric / lingerie wash detergent like Woolite and air dry?
Just used Woolite and it appears to have worked fine. Rinsed throughly though to get rid of any soap.

I would be a little concerned if the soap had any fabric conditioner or in the case of Dove moisturiser type stuff. You never know if that could end up damaging coatings. Just another potential hazard to avoid.

Back