• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Couple New Items + PROJECT

Your display cases in a row ... yeah, they do look 'messy,' with unopened boxes of Oakleys strewn around.:agree:
I'm just curious as to how you'll manage to strip off only that newest layer of paintwork and not jeopardize that Oakley flame artwork you mentioned. Wouldn't thinner just dissolve any and all paint it comes into contact with?:unsure:

I don't know how I'm going to get the paint off - I figure if I use something pretty gentle I should be able to get the paint off... the original paintjob would have been sealed, so I think there should be a way. I'm not thinking it will be very easy.

I don't know how I'm going to get the paint off - I figure if I use something pretty gentle I should be able to get the paint off... the original paintjob would have been sealed, so I think there should be a way. I'm not thinking it will be very easy.

with that much surface area i reckon its not hard to mess up just once and its stuffed.

even if the old paint was clearcoated, when you use a solvent you will at least leave streaks of the paint on top melted into the clearcoat in the middle giving a hazy effect.

anyway, goodluck and let us know how it goes!

Back