• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Couple of interesting encoders at La Vuelta a Espana

Pantster

Oakley Beginner
American Sepp Kuss wearing some interesting encoders at La Vuelta. One looks to be rumoured encoder ellipse
IMG_7622.jpeg
IMG_7605.jpeg

interesting, heard they might be ellipse.

I quite like the encoders, but not the biggest fan of the Xeus which are definite shelf whores for me. So not sure whether I'll go for these

The first one is a regular Encoder, just has transparent arms, which at first glance made it look different. Had the same thought when seeing it on TV.
As for the Square, same as for the Ellipse, I wonder what the encoder has done to Oakley? Why they felt the need to treat it so badly?

This pair was from today on the podium, so had their stickers on it. I remember when they all didn't look the same you automatically knew what company they were, now they all have to label them. With that, I am liking the louder colors in these frames like gold and sapphire. The prizm road still have to see hands on in person even though Sepp wears them almost daily right now.
Screenshot 2023-09-14 155340.png

Just a question, what do you guys think about the partial nose coverage on these, and like the full nose on katos? Do you like them? Do you think oakley should keep it up? Just wondering, what others think.

Just a question, what do you guys think about the partial nose coverage on these, and like the full nose on katos? Do you like them? Do you think oakley should keep it up? Just wondering, what others think.
I bought a beaked Kato because of the crazy design. It not the most practical: I have a high nose, which makes it hard to adjust it so that the beak does not rest on my nose (which feels itchy).

The Kato X nose is far more practical and still gives the frameless shield lens some more strength and stiffness in the highest loaded area of the lens.

I do not like the crazy large nose rubbers on all of these. They are big for a reason: they cover the outward bent edges of the lens, covering the distortion you woud see when looking through them. But do do see them in your periferal vison.

Last edited: