• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Couple Of New Pics

davem

Oakley Beginner
Finally put some Ikea lighting in my case ( Dioder I think ). It looks pretty good but I never turn it on!!
Also, had 1 pair of Juliets when I started here, I LOVE X METALS!!!!
I have some Linegear Mirror Red lenses in transit that I am going to put in a pair of the Ducati Juliets and am looking for some green rubber for the plasma/emerald ( saw the pics of that on another thread ).

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0002-1.jpg
    DSC_0002-1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC_0002-1.jpg
    DSC_0002-1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 149
I just pm'd another member asking them if they had the dioder. Can you give a review about it and whether or not its worth it?
Hearno, there are 4 light strips that all easily connect, super long cord, the quality seems good enough, there are 8 double sided sticky pads ( so 2 for each strip ) that hold it really well. If I had my time back I would have tried setting up the lights from top to bottom inside the corners posts on the front, maybe the first 2 shelves? but then the bottom would be darker, I don't know. The lights are bright enough to light the whole display with some loss near the bottom. Light seems to be between a white and yellow but closer to yellow/warm. More pairs you have on the top shelves may block the lighting down below. It was worth it to me for when I am moving a few pairs around or cleaning, but other than that I really don't turn it on. I'd say worth it!! My wife says it's pretty, not what I was going for.

I'd say if you get it, take the time and place them in different areas and see what you like best, then stick em, I am going to do this again next weekend and see if it looks better.

The dioder from ikea is actually really nice for cases. It's expandable if you have more than four tiers. Also, you can get it in a natural white light or the multicolor option. This is the one that I have for my case. It has a couple of basic settings*(On,Off,Random, and you choose the color) For $40 USD, the price isn't bad either. They are attached using either a double sided sticky*(kinda crappy, use 3m double sided instead) or tiny pocket screws.

Back