• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cowboy Bebop

Kingme

I am Jim Jannard...
Southern California
59A65980-1AAA-4AD9-AD4E-B509C81AD7FC.jpeg
Any Cowboy Bebop fans? I really loved this show back in the early 2000’s. I haven’t really watched any anime in the last 10 to 15 years though. Now that Netflix is doing a live action version I have mixed feelings about it. It looks like they are trying to stay true to the anime but never underestimate Hollywood’s ability to screw up original content. One thing that bugged me was something the actress who plays Faye said. She said that she didn’t stay true to her characters costume because it wasn’t possible for a woman to really wear that. -So I guess all the women I’ve seen Cosplay is well aren’t real? I’m still gonna give the show a shot though.

Here is the latest promo for the live action show coming November 19th to Netflix:

And me and my Faye about 20 years ago.

985EACE0-465F-437E-92DA-086052C992E5.jpeg
61C072ED-5B37-4C44-B7E0-2C68C8B262AC.jpeg

Last edited:
Is that the current Mrs Kingme?

you def could have pulled off a Fox Mulder.

last anime I watched was Starblazers, Foce Five, Grandizer, Danguard Ace, etc. date that...... well...... unless you count listening to "Kora" and "Avatar-The Last Airbender" a gazillion times on the Trucks Entertainment system.

Is that the current Mrs Kingme?

last anime I watched was Starblazers, Foce Five, Grandizer, Danguard Ace, etc. date that...... well...... unless you count listening to "Kora" and "Avatar-The Last Airbender" a gazillion times on the Trucks Entertainment system.
No, someone I dated back in the day.

-I remember Starblazers as a kid. Also loved Robotech. And I’m not sure if they count Voltron as Anime or not.

I remember sneaking downstairs and watching Bebop on adult swim when I was a kid, along with Outlaw Star and Gundam Wing. Its still one of my favorite shows. They're some of the few I actually have on dvd from Suncoast back in the day.

There’s a lot of great anime in the last 15 years bro, check out space dandy if you have time, similar feel.

Back to topic: that trailer was physically painful. I forced myself to watch all the way through just in case it redeemed itself at some point. It did not.

I’m not mad, just disappointed.

The actors they chose are all wrong. Faye isn’t hot enough, Spike isn’t cool enough, and Jet…well he actually wasn’t terrible. The scenes and cgi seemed pretty decent. I’ll give the first episode a chance for the sake of nostalgia; but I’m not expecting much.

Edit: @Kingme in the outfit looks more like spike than the actor they chose!

I remember sneaking downstairs and watching Bebop on adult swim when I was a kid, along with Outlaw Star and Gundam Wing. Its still one of my favorite shows. They're some of the few I actually have on dvd from Suncoast back in the day.

There’s a lot of great anime in the last 15 years bro, check out space dandy if you have time, similar feel.

Back to topic: that trailer was physically painful. I forced myself to watch all the way through just in case it redeemed itself at some point. It did not.

I’m not mad, just disappointed.

The actors they chose are all wrong. Faye isn’t hot enough, Spike isn’t cool enough, and Jet…well he actually wasn’t terrible. The scenes and cgi seemed pretty decent. I’ll give the first episode a chance for the sake of nostalgia; but I’m not expecting much.

Edit: @Kingme in the outfit looks more like spike than the actor they chose!
Yeah, this live action one has been in the works for a long time. When they cast John Cho was at a time they were casting him for every single Asian role. Don’t get me wrong, I like John Cho, just not for every Asian role. I’m not crazy about Faye, and your right, Jett seems to be the best character so far.

The writing for that promo trailer does look really cheesy, but I’m still gonna give it a chance. I might give it 2 episodes just in case. —Also, I loved Outlaw star as well. Oh and almost forgot Trigun too.

Back