• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Craigslist is still the place for scamming!

True that. Same here. I'll take chances but won't advise people to do the same.
I does take a very well trained eye to do that! If this hobby isnt a passion that makes you study every aspect and know your stuff and details that make a difference it is certainly not advisable to spring on a purchase! I also live by the rule not to take chances with money I will miss.

I salivated on store glass at many sunglass huts in the malls and no money in my pocket growing up so I know every curve on a frame but still I make a mistake now and then or learn something new. Its what I love about this! There is always more to know about!

Itā€™s getting harder and harder to get good deals on OfferUp. Most of the time Iā€™m snaked or sabotaged by other collectors in the area. I never use OfferUps online buying option anymore though. Itā€™s too funky and never really felt safe to me.
Yep, you're right about that. If I see something on offerup, I try to arrange a time and agree on a price ASAP because I have lost good deals from not doing that or getting sabotaged by other buyers.

What do you want to bet that we just missed him at Knotts Berry farm and heā€™s back in Utah...but heā€™s still willing to ship F&F? I give this guy points for originality in his story telling lol

I think you aren't missing anything lol

Iā€™m just about done with OfferUp and Craigā€™slist. You always knew that you had to deal with flakes before, but they were a percentage I could deal with. Lately, the majority of people that buy on these sites have become so flakey that itā€™s such a waste of time to sell anything on these. The last 2 people Iā€™ve dealt with: The first insisted I meet halfway then changed his mind because he didnā€™t like the lense color. Even though the pictures showed perfectly what the color was. This latest one first tries to pull the ā€œoh we agreed on this price rightā€ No. then is really late so I tell him Iā€™m not waiting any longer and that Iā€™m leaving now. Then messages me back about an hour later that heā€™s looking for me and acts like itā€™s my fault, and completely ignores my previous messages I sent him that said I left. What is with people nowadays?

Iā€™m just about done with OfferUp and Craigā€™slist. You always knew that you had to deal with flakes before, but they were a percentage I could deal with. Lately, the majority of people that buy on these sites have become so flakey that itā€™s such a waste of time to sell anything on these. The last 2 people Iā€™ve dealt with: The first insisted I meet halfway then changed his mind because he didnā€™t like the lense color. Even though the pictures showed perfectly what the color was. This latest one first tries to pull the ā€œoh we agreed on this price rightā€ No. then is really late so I tell him Iā€™m not waiting any longer and that Iā€™m leaving now. Then messages me back about an hour later that heā€™s looking for me and acts like itā€™s my fault, and completely ignores my previous messages I sent him that said I left. What is with people nowadays?
Get this a week ago got a message in my ebay inbox saying I resent you an item you had bought for me before by accident šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ then gave my their PayPal address to pay because ebay is aware šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ yeah kiss my a@@ šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Get this a week ago got a message in my ebay inbox saying I resent you an item you had bought for me before by accident šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ then gave my their PayPal address to pay because ebay is aware šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ yeah kiss my a@@ šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

wtf_lightning.jpg

Back