• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Craigslist Rant - Juliets Inside

I had a pair with a similar problem. Screw was about 75% stripped to where too much torque resulted in stripping. My solution was using a T7 screwdriver and forcing it into to head. The stripped heads allowed enough space for the T7 bit to bite to where it could be backed out. Sometimes a flat blade will also work to where it will grab what it can to be turned out. Check with Gs300.....his IH Juliet's came with a stripped orbital screw as well. Hope this helps.....good luck!

I tried forcing a T7 as well. Didn't work either. I'll try PM'ing GS300 and see what he thinks.

Please read the thread...

The head was stripped... He drilled the head off... He used forceps and WD-40 to get the rest of the screw out.

Not to be rude... But did you even read the other thread?

Ah, i mis-read it the first time. Sorry, i wasn't trying to blow you off. I definitely appreciate all the feedback you've given :smile: I'll try Walk-in warranty first. Don't want to do anything that drastic just yet.

Splice,

My so called stripped screw was just 2 teeth broken off the head of the screw. What I did was get a very small flat tipped screwdriver in and got it to bite on a one of the broken teeth and a good tooth of the head. can you take a photo of the screw head and post a pic?

This is the best pic i could get. It's pretty much all bored out.

7339519566_a5425b6709_b.jpg

Have you tried to use a allen wrench instead. If all of the teeth are striped out it might grab if you can get it in there. That or actually punching a larger size torque into it.
Just remember my motto "If it ain't broke you did it wrong", or never say "It won't or can't". As a mechanic I have had to come up with many ways of getting things out.

I know WD40 was mentioned to use as a lube. I would use something a little more to the side of a actual penetrant. PB blaster for instance. WD40 is more of a household cleaner lube then a bolt loosening fluid. WD40 works great for getting bugs off of the bumper on the older chrome styles for instance. I've got several different kinds of P N fluids that cause the cancer out in CA. Good thing I'm in AL. :lol:

Keep drilling the head out then pop the frame apart. On a black frame I'd be a little more cautious than with my plasma but you can touch black up if needed.

Has anyone actually had any success with an easy out on T6's? There just isn't enough there for the easy out to grab IMHO.

Back