• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crankcase Is Up...

• Thread starter Deleted member 24
  • Start date
i'm really digging them.

how big do you guys think they will be? i have a small face, and these look a lot like fuel cells. which i've never tried on, but pretty sure i couldn't pull off

I'm really surprised, many of you guys were saying Oakley has gone vanilla and now makes boring designs but when this plain, non eye popping frame comes out you guys love it.

I'm really surprised, many of you guys were saying Oakley has gone vanilla and now makes boring designs but when this plain, non eye popping frame comes out you guys love it.

Theres still stuff i like, but overall, theyve become somewhat vanilla when to compared to past releases such as the plate, ott, medusa, oil rig, jawbone, etc. etc. think about it, most recent releases arent nearly as edgy as even te oil rig, let alone the ott or plae...

well the majority of the buyers aren't going to wear a plate or scar. jawbones just came out in the last couple of years i wouldn't say a jawbone is a past release.
subtle designs sell the best.

whens the last time anyone on here wore their ott's daily?

well the majority of the buyers aren't going to wear a plate or scar. jawbones just came out in the last couple of years i wouldn't say a jawbone is a past release.
subtle designs sell the best.

whens the last time anyone on here wore their ott's daily?

This is true. BUT.....the issue for me lies in that under the prior regime you had BOTH. Now you have JUST one. So basically you're pandering to the subtle buying public (I won't even go into the psychology thats rooted in) without satisfying the enthusiasts. While this does not surprise me one bit (what do you expect when the innovative force behind the company who was as interested in what could be done and how Mad Scientist the designs could go sells to a company purely interested in VOLUME) and while some may say that I and those like me need to stop beating the dead horse that is the Lux era, my personal opinion is that Lux is killing the Oakley legacy and watering down the brand.

And I agree with BAPD---designs like the Oil Rig (which I already thought was a step back vs. what came before it) seem almost daring now compared to the new designs. Everyone is different and people like what they like, that's what makes all of us different....but me? I like to be daring, I like to be different. My personality and general state of mind isn't loud and out there...but I express that part of me through certain things: my car, my clothes, my watches, my sunglasses....and unless and until the company returns to that in some form with new product (and at price points that are not simply ridiculous), I won't be purchasing any new product.

This is true. BUT.....the issue for me lies in that under the prior regime you had BOTH. Now you have JUST one. So basically you're pandering to the subtle buying public (I won't even go into the psychology thats rooted in) without satisfying the enthusiasts. While this does not surprise me one bit (what do you expect when the innovative force behind the company who was as interested in what could be done and how Mad Scientist the designs could go sells to a company purely interested in VOLUME) and while some may say that I and those like me need to stop beating the dead horse that is the Lux era, my personal opinion is that Lux is killing the Oakley legacy and watering down the brand.

And I agree with BAPD---designs like the Oil Rig (which I already thought was a step back vs. what came before it) seem almost daring now compared to the new designs. Everyone is different and people like what they like, that's what makes all of us different....but me? I like to be daring, I like to be different. My personality and general state of mind isn't loud and out there...but I express that part of me through certain things: my car, my clothes, my watches, my sunglasses....and unless and until the company returns to that in some form with new product (and at price points that are not simply ridiculous), I won't be purchasing any new product.
very very honest fair points! UC :) Only thing bugging me lately is all these ear stem cutouts Oakley keeps producing on their new frames...
I don't know if that's some current fashion thing or what, but it's getting a bit much.

very very honest fair points! UC :) Only thing bugging me lately is all these ear stem cutouts Oakley keeps producing on their new frames...
I don't know if that's some current fashion thing or what, but it's getting a bit much.

theyre trying to save plastic lolz

Latest Posts

Back