• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crankshaft vs Gascan

simon hughes

Oakley Beginner
Can anyone tell me if there is a noticeable difference in size across the face between the crankshaft and the Gascan? Best fitting oakleys I have are the chainlink.

Like a blend of a gascan and fuel cell
They should have called it the Fuelcan :grin:.

I owned the Crankcase and found that it fit similar to the Gascan. I haven't been able to try the Crankshaft yet.

They should have called it the Fuelcan :grin:.

I owned the Crankcase and found that it fit similar to the Gascan. I haven't been able to try the Crankshaft yet.
Am I correct in thinking the crankshaft is an updated version of the crankcase?

That's the way I saw it when the Crankshaft was released and Crankcase discontinued, but I could be wrong.

That's the way I saw it when the Crankshaft was released and Crankcase discontinued, but I could be wrong.
I have a pair of flak 2.0 xl and chainlink which are a good fit. In your opinion would the crankshaft/case be a similar fit?

I don't own the Flak 2.0 or Chainlink but I do like wearing my Flak Jacket XLJ, Straight Jacket, and Jawbones. I really liked the style of the Crankcases I owned but found them tight behind my ears after 30 mins, and they sat too close to my eyebrows, so I sold them. Everyone has different heads so they might suit you better. I can't comment on the Crankshaft fit but I am sure others will chime in.

Th
I don't own the Flak 2.0 or Chainlink but I do like wearing my Flak Jacket XLJ, Straight Jacket, and Jawbones. I really liked the style of the Crankcases I owned but found them tight behind my ears after 30 mins, and they sat too close to my eyebrows, so I sold them. Everyone has different heads so they might suit you better. I can't comment on the Crankshaft fit but I am sure others will chime in.
Thanks for your replies:dance2:

Back