• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crankshaft watch question...

This is the second watch that I purchased years back. First one was a Timebomb which was on Overstock.com for 380.00 back in 2003.. The crankshaft was on the Ovault website years back for 188.00. Anyway I have not worn the Crankshaft in years and decided to sport it yesterday while out found out that it wasn't working so decided it was the battery. Bought a new battery and put it in and still doesn't work ..any ideas ?

I understand the battery is new, but Is the battery known to be good?
Tested with a volt meter or installed in a different watch?

Is the insulator in proper position under the battery?
It should be under the negative contact.

Is this a chronograph?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I guess I need to try it with a meter. It sucks you pay 5 bucks for a battery and you think it is good... will check today sometime.

Yes I guess I need to try it with a meter. It sucks you pay 5 bucks for a battery and you think it is good... will check today sometime.

It does suck!! I have had this happen too many times over the years

Is the battery insulator in place also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also they are moving warranty to GA so if wait before sending it in. I'm having trouble tracking down my watch.

Sent from: Outer Space

One of the lux buildings where they moved stuff and people to is in Mason Ohio about 20 miles from me. Nothing special just an office building was in there one time for a one sight or might have been united way sale. Would like to get it working but it just mostly sits in my collection .

Take it to a reputable jeweler near you. It's a standard movement, nothing crazy. It'll be quicker and in my experience, cheaper. On 2 separate occasions, I've sent watches back to Oakley to only have to go back to my local guy. But that's just my experience.

If you are going to take it to someone please take it to a qualified watchmaker as a jeweler should stick to fixing jewelry as that is all they are trained for, they are to separate trades.
If you have a Chronograph ( stop watch function ) Crankcase there are a few thing that could be at fault 1. The plastic battery insulator could be missing if not it should be under the gold bottom contact if these two things are ok then there could be a little bit of corrosion on the the gold bottom contact ( - contact ) if there is try scratching it loose but make sure the tiny bits do not fall into the working of the watch. 2. The three star looking battery cover that holds the battery in place ( + contact ) should be replaced correctly and held down with the screw to complete the circuit.

If you have a standard 3 hand Crankcase you may have touched the gold coil when removing the battery this is a common thing as it is very close to the battery release lever.

Hope this make sense.

Cheers.

Back