• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crate Mars

That's what I mean. The difference of $220 without the lens or $250 with the lens it's worth the extra $30 to have a replacement set of lenses around.

Hahaha, if I am reading this correctly, you both would rather have just the frames for less than $220. If the frames alone are $220 and you can get the frames with BI lenses for $250, it's better to pay the $250 and have an extra set of lenses laying around, even if you don't plan on using them.

lol, my plan is to buy the Mars and the Mars Crater from this seller. I think they will make a good addition to my collection. My concern was if Beancooker was happy with the lenses that were in the Mars glasses from this seller and if he was able to clean up what he said was a film on the lens.

I would rather just just buy both set of glasses and leave them the way they came from Oakley. If at all possible I am an OEM collector all the way. I even go out of my way and spend 100's extra to track down OEM lenses. But yes I don't see the point in paying $220 for the frames when you get get the whole set for $250 and if you want to replace lenses or customize them then you just have an extra set of lenses for $30.

I wore them out today and it was really bright, at least for the PNW. They are clear, and all is good, unless looking into the sun. Then they are still a little foggy. To compare, I took out my pair of Fives 2.0's. Same exact issue. So I am thinking its two things. One, Oakley makes better quality lenses now, than they did ten plus years ago. I'll bet that the optical clarity of the lens has improved. Two, I am used to wearing new lenses, and almost solely polarized lenses, so when optics aren't perfect, I am a whiny little bitch about it.

...So I am thinking its two things. One, Oakley makes better quality lenses now, than they did ten plus years ago. I'll bet that the optical clarity of the lens has improved. Two, I am used to wearing new lenses, and almost solely polarized lenses, so when optics aren't perfect, I am a whiny little bitch about it.

Can anyone substantiate this claim? I don't have any like-new glasses pre-1998 that can compare to new pairs.

With you on the Polarized thing. Fire Irid Pol made a huge difference on the golf course this weekend.

I have a few pair of 1999 Juliets that I would say have excellant optics in them. The Romeo's I just got do not compare to the quality of the lens that are in the Juliets, IMO. The R1's have black iridium lenses.

Back