• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Craziest Ways You/Someone Else Lost/Damaged Your Oakleys?

Two stories:

1) Coming home from Afghan we shipped most of our stuff in the connex ahead of the time which was transported back by trucks and eventually boats.-- a cheaper a way to get back a 80% of the equipment. In my tuffbox, I had my first pair of oakleys bought in early 2005. I thought they were square wire 1.0 but I'm lately starting to think they were Square wire 2.0 non hinge ( I know they were not the hinge ones since i bought those after these and the hinge pair I own are larger). Also in the tuffbox was my small medal vault and m frames. Apparently if you pay local nationals in a 3rd world country to transport millions of dollars of equipment, your stuff may not get to the states.--but instead lots of cement in a connex 😡

2) I wont go into to much detail, but let's just say I was distracted by certain activities in a parking garage and placed my first pair of Juliets in my coat on top of my car when I got in the car. 😳After the fun was over, I forgot to grab my coat and we drove off and I realized about 10 minutes later...never saw them again. 😭😭

I'm a guy that loves items for sentimental value so I would love to have it back since they were the first x metal I owned ( a gift from my wife) and wanted them for so many years. Fortunately I still have the original box and Juliet coin which I display in my collection
I have a pair if you are interested. Never worn

Have to create a dog eating thread with pictures of the dog and glasses (what’s left) together. No matter how many times I tried the bastards never ate my home work, but I lost two pairs to two different dogs over my time. I know it’s not crazy but I still feel the pain

I met a girl (still with her actually) mid day on 4th of july and she (accidentally?) stole my garage rocks in wood grain.

We met up again and I got them back, wore them for about 2 hours, we were playing frisbee at the beach. I dove for an amazing catch and came back up without my glasses. Tried desperately to replace but they stopped producing them.

Buddy of mine had just bought a pair of Romeo’s - we were out fishing and he pointed with his glasses in hand towards a boil “lets head that way!” And a quick bump knocked them into the water. Gone forever. He only had them for a week or so lol, sad day.

Do lenses qualify?

My wife and I were sitting on an old bench swing outside at her brother's third or fourth wedding. :idk:

The chain holding the swing broke and whiplashed the 24K right lens of my Eye Jacket 2.0, putting one hell of a pit in it.

Thankful for the great impact resistance of Oakley lenses, otherwise I may have blinded.

I kept those lenses as a reminder, after getting free replacements from Oakley, when I called customer service to thank them for the lens quality.

Latest Posts

Back