• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crazing Around Edges Of Fives Squared Lenses

cartoonis

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys, awesome forum. Has anyone ever seen this:

IMG_1475.jpg

These are my 18 month old Oakley Fives Squared with black iridium polarized lenses. It probably appeared two to three months ago.

Dropped them in to an Oakley dealer after contacting Oakley directly and they have been sent off for assessment. While I wait I purchased a pair of Matte Black Pit Bulls to go with my Monster Dogs!

Odd much?

I've had that problem with old Twitch's. Got a pair that was "lightly used" and the lenses were peeling around the edges, which was pretty annoying. Overall, it's not a big deal. Welcome to the forums though!

It looks like the coating seperating from the edge of the lens. I've had it happen on a couple of my glasses but the lenses were like 5 years old. It will be intresting to see what Oakley tell you. Keep us posted & WELCOME to the boards cartoonis

I have 2 pairs of Fives 2.0 that are at least 8 years old. Aside from a scratch on one of the lenses....they are in great shape. I am interested to see what Oakley says.

welcome to our board.

please let us know what Oakley says about that - looks like the iridium coating is peeling hmmm

Yeah it is pretty dodge. Put me off getting another iridium polarized lens for the time being. Settled with warm grey although there is quite a noticeable difference. Will let you guys know what they come back with! Hopefully new lenses!! :cool:

It appears to me the iridium coating is peeling from the edges.

Wellthey reckon they don't know what it is, dont know what has caused it and are not going to cover them by any warranty. Boo!

Big negative, I have no hair so no need for hair product! Has definitely put me off getting iridium lenses again which is a shame really.

Back