• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crazy Bob Head

Even 1K would be stretching it for ME, I mean it looks awesome, but you can't wear it and really you can only show it off in pics or at the house. I don't even have 1K in my collection yet, and im talking display case and everything... But it is still awesome! Don't wanna take anything away from the guy who did it.

Ahh, those were the days. I had over 1K in my collection before I even realized it was a collection.
I started putting pricing together for my big sale thread last month, totaling things up. Realized the part of my collection I wanted to get rid of was worth over $1,000.

People who knew I had a collection would ask questions, naturally, such as "how much do you have into sunglasses?" I never took the time to really think about it, so I'd usually answer "I don't know, like a thousand, maybe two thousand bucks". And it would floor them. Then I went through and I'm like "well these two pairs alone are worth a grand, these 4 are another grand... there are 40 pairs behind those.... f***."

I'm not saying this to brag or boast. It can grow a bit bigger than you realize very quickly. Suddenly it feels quite substantial when you dismissed it as a small hobby.

I'm already feeling what you are talking about and I've only been "collecting" for two mths. I've already moved on a pair of Xmetals when two mths ago I had never heard of them. The enthusiasm on this site is contagious.

Custom paint is only worth what the buyer will be willing to pay for it. Its not of a one of a kind production piece, which would make it ultra valuable. Its a bob head with a custom paint job and again its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

a7eneryz.jpg
u4udapaz.jpg
6ehu9esy.jpg

Latest Posts

Back